Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
romeotc

Reged: 03/29/13
Feeling so depressed, don't know what my future would be, can somebody help me?
      #271651 - 04/12/13 01:52 AM

Hi,

I feel so terrible about being HIV positive. Everywhere I go, every person i meet, everything i do, i just keep hearing the voice inside saying i am not a normal person, i got HIV, i don't have a future. I just can't have a good night sleep, i keep waking up in the middle of the night and the thought of having HIV and how my future will be keeps me awake, no matter how hard i try to put it away.

I feel so depressed, devastated. I don't know what to do, don't know how my future will be, where this disease will lead me to. I really need your advice, sharing and thoughts. How did you overcome depression, the thought of having HIV? What did you do to brighten your days? How do you manage living with the disease? I really need spiritual support now to live on. You can write me back via my mail at romeotrinh0606@gmail.com or chat with me if you have time via my skype nick trinhtucseadon. I'd be very happy to listen to your advice.

Thank you.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
Re: Feeling so depressed, don't know what my future would be, can somebody help me? new
      #271660 - 04/12/13 10:44 AM

I sent you a pm so we could talk .

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

iam1
Fanatic

Reged: 06/17/09
Loc: Georgia
Re: Feeling so depressed, don't know what my future would be, can somebody help me? new
      #271701 - 04/17/13 05:01 PM

I have a couple of points to make about this first -

1) HIV is NOT a death sentance. With proper medical treatment it is a long-term, managable disease. Look at me and so many others having lived with it for more than 20 years. You've got it. How you deal with that depends on what type of guilt you're giving yourself for catching a disease. (Don't forget to flog yourself every time you catch a cold. And, I think it's the rack for getting a splinter.) I went on with life pretty much as I had been before. I was ignorant before. I learned afterwards. Now I spend much of my time trying to prevent others from catching HIV.

And

2) This is the question eveyone gets to try to answer when they find out they've got a disease for which there is no cure - how much longer have you got to live? If anyone could answer that they'd be rich. (Unless they were telling the people "About 5 seconds." before shooting them.) You weren't born with an expiration date stamped on the bottom of your foot. Noone knows how much longer or why you will die.

Having HIV is not an ending to life. With current treatments it can be reduced to a minor bump. How you live with it is entirely up to you. You can reduce it to going to the doctor when needed and taking meds as needed. You can let it occupy your entire waking day from morning to night and into your dreams.

I'm going to take your letter to my local HIV support group and see what responses I get from the attendees. I'll let you know what they have to say.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4107

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3