Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
jasmine20

Reged: 04/25/12
PLEASE HELP
      #263095 - 05/18/12 06:41 PM

IM JASMINE AND I AM 20 YEARS OLD I HAVE JUST FOUND OUT I WAS HIV POSITIVE FROM MY BOYFRIEND FROM THREE YEARS I WAS SO DEVASTATED AND SHOCKED WHEN I FOUND OUT BECAUSE WE WAS ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT HAVING A CHILD AND GETTING MARRIED SO WE HAD UNPROTECTED SEX CUZ I FELT LIKE I COULD TRUST HIM HE HAS BEEN MY BOYFRIEND FOR SO LONG SO WE HAD SEX AND 3 MONTHS LATER I AM HIV POSITIVE I HAD A FUTURE AHEAD OF I AM IN COLLEGE FOR NURSING AND JUST FEEL LIKE I HAVE NO HOPE OF LIVING ANY LONGER MY HEART IS BROKEN AND ITS GUNNA BE HARD TO TRUST AGAIN.MY FAMILY DOESNT KNO YET AND I DONT KNO HOW TO TELL THEM ANY ADVICE TO ME I REALLY NEED SOMEONE TO TALK TO ABOUT THIS?/

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
denise03

Reged: 03/09/12
Loc: Texas
Re: PLEASE HELP new
      #263110 - 05/19/12 02:28 PM

You may want to talk with some counselors where you were tested at. They can point you in the direction of getting help or someone to talk to. Family may still love you but most are not going to support and give you comfort because they don't know how. Please seek someone that you could trust to help you be at ease. There is life after HIV/ AIDS. In time you will accept this and forgive the person who done this to you. That's the medicine that will set you free. You are still the Queen God intended for you to be! Be blessed!

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #263120 - 05/20/12 05:00 PM

I can totally sense your shock and devasted at finding this out. The feeling of not just having the rug pulled out from under your feet but that your whole foundation has crumbled. We have all been then . But let me tell you there is absolutly no reason why your life plans of becoming a nurse can not come true. Because of this you may become a better nurse than you ever imagined. And your dreams of family and children does not have to change. Whether you choose to tell your familyis up to you, you know your family better than anyone here. Some families are a great source of strength , others , well it just takes some time for them to see it as you will begin to see it , that is that its just a chronic situation . I know right now you can't see anything past the fact that your life has been thrown a heck of a boulder and that there are unexpected changes to be made . But just know that you need to see that life is still good, great even. If you want to talk sometime feel free to pm me. I've dealt with this for over 20 years , and life has never been better , really.

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

fuckhiv

Reged: 05/24/12
      #263237 - 05/24/12 01:46 PM

Sucks to hear that your boyfriend betrayed you, but having HIV is not the end of the world. I know it sounds cliche....but it is true. I found out I was HIV positive three days before I started my first nursing job. I had already graduated nursing and was so happy to have my life ahead of me with a career that paid decently. Finding out I had HIV destroyed that moment for me. But now, it is just an annoyance, been working as a nurse for 5 years and enjoying my career and my life. So do your schooling and enjoy your life.
As for your relationship, that is another matter. You have to decide what you want to do about that. I got HIV because I cheated on my boyfriend one drunken night (condom not used properly). He has stayed with me throughout the process and I haven't cheated again, I learned my lesson, huge consequence, he is HIV negative, always practice safe sex now (however your situation is different).

It still is possible to have children and a family and live a good life. Speak to a counsellor and get as much information about HIV as you can. It may seem like the end of the world but it is not. My life thus far has been great, I don't know what lies ahead, but HIV or not - one never knows what lies ahead.

For me HIV has helped me eat healthy, stay fit, travel, try to fit everything into my life, live every day as it were my last (it has improved my friendships and relationships with family.

PinupBoy

Reged: 06/01/12
Loc: San Diego California
      #263402 - 06/01/12 05:19 AM

Hey, you're not alone. I'm 20 myself. Dashingly handsome if I do say so myself. I knew a military guy I really wanted to be with for almost a year. We had unprotected sex in January of early 2012. I only did him once. Told him all he wanted to do was have sex. Then met a guy at the end of January. We went on and off through these months. I got the worst sickness at the time I met him. I tested positive on March 19th 2012. Went crazy. screamed are you joking me to the nurse. cried. Found out it was the guy I was with in January. His slutty ex slept with him and gave it to him, and then to me. I trusted him and would have thought he would have never given me it. I'm currently having issues with the guy from late January because he loves me so much..knows I'm positive and just doesnt like condoms. He doesn't like the plastic between us. He's still negative 'till this day, and I'd hope not to get him where I am. My family still don't know. So.. that's my story. I also have a future of becoming an international model.

dakotalagrange
Regular

Reged: 07/26/04
      #263471 - 06/02/12 09:37 PM

Hi Jasmine,

I know that this is hard. Like you, I found out that I was HIV Positive in my 20's and in college. I was absolutely devastated and didn't know how I could live. I surrounded myself with a wonderful support system and learned to realize my own strength. After finding out I was positive, I finished my Bachelors and Masters Degree and have started to think about my PhD. I still struggle some days wondering why this happened but there are more days that I realize that my life has meaning. You are a beautiful person deserving of so much love. Remember that no one can destroy your dreams and you will be in a position to touch so many lives. It will take some time but you will see this differently. We are all here for you as you go through this!

Pos_in_Thailand
Guardian

Reged: 02/01/11
Loc: Thailand
      #263854 - 06/17/12 01:09 AM

Hi Jasmine,

I'm sorry to hear about your recent infection. I do know how you feel, so I can tell you that soon the clouds will part and the sun will begin to shine again. You will see that your life still has all the possibilities that it always has had and that you can still do anything you want with it.

What's important now is that you focus on yourself and connect with your dreams and keep your eyes locked on them to get you through the shock period. Use them to be the wind that moves you over this rough patch of water. They are still there and still obtainable - use this to want them even more and deepen your determination to achieve them.

Work closely with your doctor(s), get your labs done, and see where you stand. That is important information that is needed for keeping you healthy and knowing when to start medication when you and your doc decide the time is right. Also, try to get your virus genotyped so that you have that information ready when you do decide to start medications. I know you feel really overwhelmed right now, but you will feel better and start seeing your way forward by taking these first few steps of action to get control over yourself and your future. It's really helpful, trust me - I've been there!

As for disclosure, take your time. This is a very personal matter, so tell or don't tell only as you feel comfortable. Try to look at what counseling resources you have available in your area and get yourself hooked up with a good counselor that can help you sort out your feelings.

It's great that you are in the medical field already - that will give you a big advantage over understanding what is going on and managing yourself well. You are very fortunate to have that. Keep your head up and stay in touch with everyone here. Work closely with your doctor and focus on you and your future for now. I know you feel shattered right now, but you are not. Soon you will see how strong you truly are and will be conquering those great dreams you have shining in your heart.

I'll be keeping my eyes open for your posts. Please keep in touch!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4075

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3