HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
Dreamer76
Regular

Reged: 04/06/09
1 year positive!!
      #249816 - 03/20/10 05:45 PM

Hi Everyone,

I`ve been HIV positive for 1 year now and felt i should post something!! In particular, for those people who are where i was this time last year... a bad place.... to say the least!!

Believe me when i tell you that life does go on!!! Ok, it`s extemely difficult to accept this news!! But staying in bed with the curtains closed feeling sorry for yourself will not change things... in fact that will make it worse!!

I`m glad i found the strength to realise that there are worse things in this world than living with HIV!! reach out to associations, a close friend , people on this site... whatever you need to help you get through this!! i did and it helped me so much... Thank you to so many people (in particular one in Florida.. wink!)

I`m a 33 year old gay male ... it took me a long time to realise that i`m not alone in all this and it`s not the end of the world!! now i want to live life to the full... holidays etc... and meet that special someone!!! i believe that will happen!!!! that will be my next post!!!

If you have have just been diagnosed.. don`t give up!! there are people worse off!!! and there are many killers out there (Cancer, car accidents etc)... get out there and live your life and enjoy it!!! `cos we never know wht tomorrow will bring!!!

Dreamer

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
curls12

Reged: 03/24/10
Re: 1 year positive!! new
      #249869 - 03/24/10 12:29 PM

Dreamer76 I just wanted to say that reading your post is incredibly uplifting. I'm currently playing the waiting game to see if a risky exposure has turned into a hiv diagnosis. It agonizing and I'm sick with anxiety over this. But reading your positvie post makes this whole thing a little easier.

Thanks fot your post, it really came at the right time. Stay well and I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Dreamer76
Regular

#249872 - 03/24/10 06:26 PM

Hey Curls12,

i`m glad you found some inspiration in my post!
Best of luck with results, i keep my fingers crossed for you!!

Take Care

lovinglife101

Reged: 11/24/09
      #249907 - 03/28/10 08:51 PM

I love your spirit and your thirst for life. I, at 25 years positive, can contest that life does go on, there is always hope, and there is always a new adventure. Take care my friend.

Dreamer76
Regular

#249929 - 03/30/10 03:35 PM

LovingLife,

Thank you for your kind words! it`s from people like yourself that i get hope and inspiration!! Take Care you too!!

ladyj1892

Reged: 02/11/10
      #250936 - 06/28/10 08:23 PM

i believe there is help but truly i need a friend i am a 31 years old mothe of for teenagaers i have been diagnosed hiv positive for some fifteen years lately am feeling really depressed no one to talk with my kids know but they are kids we cant discuss everything am loosing my mind am in a relationship with some that constantly abuses me and for me to tell him am positive he wil killl me before time he has seen my medications and made silly remarks like i know what they are for he dont want to admit to me he has it but i have learned from his family members his wife who was just before us died with the virus am kind of mad because i feel like i wouldnt be giving the chance to enjoy the rest of my life and i didnt go lookin for this i was rape spme one please help am going insane i already admitted to him that i was raped and now the everyone in my neighbour hood knows he tells people when where mad if this virus dont kill me the worrying sure would please anyone out there please help me

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4618

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3