Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> Teens

Pages: 1
Kriss
Regular

Reged: 11/12/09
Loc: seattle, WA
anxiety how do you mange living with HIV?
      #260689 - 01/28/12 01:43 AM

I was born with it. I'm 23 now, but when I get emotinal for longer than a day, I start thinking about the struggles I'be been through esp living with HIV. I never been in a real romantic relationship because of the fact of being born with HIV and also my childhood expriences with violence. I'm fine for the most part, talking to friends and talking to counselers about this. But, as a young person living with HIV how does one mannage stress and cope with the struggle of being positive? as well deal with other truama in your life?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
Re: anxiety how do you mange living with HIV? new
      #260703 - 01/28/12 02:30 PM

When it comes to being Hiv and looking for relationships there really isn't any difference whether your in your 20's, 40's or even 60's. And as for dealing with lifes traumas it all comes with maturity. Their are always battles in life for everyone to deal with. Just take one day at a time, one issue at a time.Do you have any spiritual belief? It does make a difference. I know growing up has much cruelty and sometimes it seems that even as your grown the people are still cruel. You can either let them beat you down or you can let it beat you strong. The fact that you going to counseling is a step of strength in the right direction. And as far as finding a relationship , don't be in a hurry. Find your passion in life, the job you want ,the schooling you need, whatever . Seek yourself first and God will show you the way . You can pm me when ever you want. My life was never easy either and growing up was tough due to decisions I made but I now
" see" and though its still a bumpy road , I got the guidance that takes me through

Pos_in_Thailand
Guardian

Reged: 02/01/11
Loc: Thailand
      #260726 - 01/29/12 08:25 AM

Have you tried meeting other people who are positive? An amazing benefit that this disease brought me was my wonderful girlfriend who turned out to be positive as well. Helping each other through our diagnosis took what was already a strong love and made it unbreakable. Perhaps there is a nice positive person out there that would be perfect for you.

Kriss
Regular

#262132 - 03/29/12 10:44 PM

Ya, I've met people living with HIV at my age. It comes and goes feeling depressed. I've also leanred to trust people in regards to finding love and revealing my status and take the risk for love.

seilha

Reged: 09/27/12
Re: anxiety how do you mange living with HIV? *DELETED* *DELETED* new
      #267817 - 10/10/12 12:41 AM

Post deleted by bartleby

--------------------
Paket Umroh 2013

riverprincessModerator

#267885 - 10/10/12 11:06 AM

I have a friend that was also born with it. I believe they sorta handle it better than someone that was neg and then became pos.
Do they still go through the ways and what if's , sure but I believe they have a better handle on it all. something we need to learn.

emilykostova

Reged: 10/30/12
Loc: Sofia, Bulgaria
      #268711 - 10/30/12 06:39 AM

How is it possible to live 23 years with HIV? Do you have any special treatment?

--------------------
kataskevi istoselidon

riverprincessModerator

#268738 - 10/31/12 08:42 PM

Yes sweetie , it the medication . Whether your born with it or got it some other way . It's still the medication that we are all thankful for.

AaronK

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Los Angeles
      #269230 - 11/25/12 01:08 AM

I wish i can manage living with it but i still cant. i still keep it a secret and leaves me awkward cause i don't talk cause it's hard keeping secrets, i feel like i'm a mute. anyways I only tell need to know people like doctor's. i don't tell anyone, oh yeah except if i want benefits like first to pick classes at college. Best way i been coping is living with close family and having their support but we never really talk about it. I have any friends cause they ignorant. You can hit me up at aakim2012@yahoo.com if you want to chat.

sergiopaez

Reged: 01/04/13
      #270007 - 01/06/13 12:56 AM

i dont even know how to handle the fact that i dont know if im neg or pos i havent tell my parents cause they are doctors and they obviously know all about this and im afraid to tell them and i havent take the test yet im going crazy!

riverprincessModerator

#270036 - 01/07/13 06:56 PM

Listen my young friend , Don't let the fact that your parents are drs stop you from getting tested. You can go to your health dept and it is all confidential . Or take a home test if you can get one at the store. I'm sure even if you went to your parents the love they have for you is much greater than anything else. Please let me know how your doing. I am someone that cares.

Kriss
Regular

#270494 - 02/04/13 02:19 AM

I was born with it. I'm 23 years old. No special treatment. Just regular checkups.

Wylie

Reged: 03/06/13
      #270979 - 03/06/13 10:09 AM

I am doing some regular exercise to control my anxiety.
Recently I am started a yoga workout plan to beat anxiety, and depression.
I am feeling it will be more helpful for me in this regard.

--------------------
Maitland Personal Training

rusellpedrick

Reged: 04/17/14
      #276012 - 04/17/14 10:00 PM

nice thread. Thanks for sharing that information.

riverprincessModerator

#276029 - 04/18/14 02:51 PM

One day at a time . Life can give sooo many stressor whether your pos or not. Deal with only one thing at a time. Multi- tasking is way over rated. What are your goals for life? What things do you enjoy? Dating is not out of the picture my friend. Hiv does not define you .

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8405

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement