Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Teens

Pages: 1
lilmisskathy

Reged: 10/09/10
find the positive side
      #252418 - 10/09/10 04:27 PM

HEY my name is kathy im 12 and im nt real sure that im ment 4 love sence im +... im black so half the kids at my school already think i got it because of my color.. im suppa athletic, i love runing track, playin basketball and singing.. im good at alot of things but love isnt one of them itz really hard to find someone i can tell bout my self .. i was born with it they tell me that thats why my cd levels arent all that good i've been taken meds from day 1 one word one that NASTY... but my mom keeps telling me that its going to help me.. I DONT NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!! im adopted and she dosent have a clue about wat i go through.. but i learn to cope... they dont let me talk to my actule family much i guess its because they dont like them. .i really like this site ... yall wouldnt get why so many people have it.. things dont go the way there supost to bt we learn to get over it things happen 4 a reson i dont blame my real mom for given me HIV in fact I love her for it ... itz made me who i am its apart of me.. it might not be good bt thatz why i take meds to teep it undercontrol. but there its called being HIV positive so jus t draw out the positives of it.. i did

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
klclt

Reged: 03/03/10
Re: find the positive side new
      #252708 - 10/25/10 06:31 PM

Hi Kathy,

I was once a middle school teacher, and now Iím back in school. Iím poz, too. You seem like you have a great head on your shoulders, and I am glad you are so accepting of your HIV status. Youíre ahead of me already, though. Iíve had this virus for 12 months, and youíve already had it for 12 years. Iím more than twice your age, and youíve already had more experience with this than I have.

I hope you donít really think that youíre not meant for love. It sounds like youíve got a mom who loves you, and through all of your experience, youíve figured out that life isnít always fair. I know people 20 years older than me who havenít figured that out yet. You know what youíre good at, and you love yourself for it. Donít ever stop doing that. I wish you knew how much reading your post tonight meant to me.

I donít want to sound like one of those adults that you donít want to listen to, but middle school ends. The middle school years were the worst of my life. My ďfriendsĒ would stab me in the back, and my enemies would laugh in my face every day. And I didnít even have the HIV to deal with when I was your age. For me, it was much easier. I have so much respect for you for holding your head high every day. Keep doing that.

Any of those assholes that tell you HIV is about skin color are ignorant. You already know that. Let them talk, and do your own thing. The best response is no response. Keep running track and playing basketball and studying and bettering your life, and let them talk their trash. You will find friends who will stick beside you, and you will find someone who loves you. It might not come as easy for you as it does with your HIV- friends, but I can tell you this: when someone sticks by you when you do have HIV, theyíre probably worth the trouble. Donít ever feel like youíre worth less than you are because you are diagnosed with a disease. You didnít ask for this, and a blood test that comes back HIV+ doesnít make you less of a person. Anyone who tells you otherwise is dumber than a box of bricks.

You may not find love right now, and you may find out that some of your friends arenít who they said they were. But, if you watch the people around you who are reliable and still back you up, youíll find some amazing people. The ones that do stick around are the ones you want.

Kriss
Regular

Reged: 11/12/09
Loc: seattle, WA
      #253949 - 01/19/11 03:00 AM

Hey

Thank you for posting and sharing your story. I was born with HIV too. I found out when I was seven years old... And when I found out, I didn't really thing much of it.. but when I went to HS I noticed the reality and struggle of a person who is living with HIV. One example, for when my shchool had the blood drive, I had to lie.. It was a challenge. I remember in middle school how when we leaanred about HIV/AIDS in school, it really made me sad to watch those lectures about HIV+ people not living a good quality life like they died very quickly.. (lets say the education wasn't very good about stuff like that) anyways, sometimes the hardest part of my day when I am remenided about the stigma about HIV+ people in society but often I have a bright and happy take on life. I write poetry, rap, to cope with alot of my emotions. I relaly appreciate the fact how look toward the positive. I recenlty began to accept to love the fact yes, I have hiv and I deserve to be in a normal loving relationsip with another preson. Anyways, I was once your age feeling like I had no one to talk too or feeling like not normal like the other kids. Well, I was lucky in a since at that age because I had social support network of other kids, young people, and youth who also exprienced HIV/AIDS within their famlies. Maybee you should checkout a non profit that works with youth and kids living with HIV. I've did alot of my healing and support through a group like that. Also, it is very possible to achive your dreams as being a young person living with HIV. I known I was HIV+ when I was seven and now I attend college at a University working on my undergraduate in sociology and then my masters in social work. Even though, I had a dramatic childhood coupled with my living with HIV I am still here a college student... so you have the ability to overcome many adversities and achive your goals and dreams

nails_po

Reged: 05/10/12
      #262987 - 05/10/12 08:15 AM

I encourage you.

--------------------

The best nail polish brand

lilmisskathy

Reged: 10/09/10
      #263052 - 05/14/12 07:13 PM

thanks everyone ive changed ALOT !! im 14 an have a boothang who knows im positive he dosent care.. he says HAVEING SOMTHING DOSENT MAKE A PERSON ANY LESS LOVEING OR DISERVING OF LOVE than someone who dont.. life in my eyes is SWEET ryt nw.. but from time to time i think 2 my self why did it have 2 b me, then i think god does things for a reason sumtimes we dnt quite understand at first bt we latter in life grow up an understand.. lyk i say its hiv + LUK 4 ALL THE +Z NOT JUS THE -... THANK YOU ALL THOUGH

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5123

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threadsô 6.2.3

Advertisement