The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Life >> Teens

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

what kinds of blood testing can determine HIV?
      #143841 - 05/06/05 12:08 PM

What kinds of blood testing can determine HIV? i had a blood test rescently but i dont know what it is for yet. Im not sure if i have hiv or not and im just wondering if the blood test i had can determine if i have HIV eventhough i didnt get a specific HIV blood test. help please.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
debtex
Legend

Reged: 03/21/05
Re: what kinds of blood testing can determine HIV? new
      #145712 - 05/12/05 02:08 PM

If you are given an hiv test...this is usually not done without your consent. You have to sign the slip agreeing to test for hiv. your physian can sneak in a viral load test, but why would he...unless he is suspicios, but even then...they would mention to you that you should have the test. if you think you may have been at risk for being infected....your best bet is to go for a test. Your doctor would not normally check it in your bloodwork without your permission. There is alot of stuff your doc sends blood work for...ask him what the blood was for, he will tell you. Or ask for a copy of your medical record, then you will get an insite to what your doctor is doing with your medical care. Good luck and take care.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10218

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement