Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Life >> Relationships and Dating

Pages: 1
Better_Days

Reged: 04/15/14
Loc: Kenya
Hurt, trying to smile
      #275990 - 04/15/14 08:34 AM

I am new here and am happy to meet friends whom we share alot in common, i now feel i got a friends i can freely talk to and also gain more from others. Being a mother has been the joy of a lifetime since they(my kids) make me smile even in the darkest hour. I was infected by a person i trusted most through unfaithfulness. Though mixed emotions of anger and pain took toll of me, i tried to to stay positive and focus on our children well being. Numerous talks for him to get tested hit a snag and i called it quits. Problem is i am unable to stay into a relationship with -ve persons because in spite of my caring and disclosing my status am immediately left alone(rejections). please friends am i wrong when disclose and does it mean life has to stop due to my status. i hope one day i will find my soul mate.

Edited by Better_Days (04/16/14 04:38 AM)

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
anotherday

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
Re: Hurt, trying to smile new
      #276026 - 04/18/14 02:42 PM

Although some will have confidence and strength in disclosing to people, have a "take me as I am" kind of attitude towards having HIV. Sometimes it is something that is better to just hold back for a while. Keep that one cookie in the cookie jar! The important thing is to get out there and meet people, build friendships and networks of people first.

Find out how, through conversation, people react to someone having an illness ... cancer, diabetes or HIV ... keep things general, instead of making HIV the front of who you are. You really only need to disclose when a relationship starts to turn serious or intimate. Until then, make friends ... and through the friend of a friend thing, a relationship with someone whos understanding and caring could prevail.

As for your past relationship, move on from it, I assume through kids you will have contact with him. Show the maturity of a well balanced relationship with this person to your children. That you are people who share a common interest, your kids, and nothing more. Alot of people drag their "dirty laundry" into their kids lives, that's the past, leave it in the past and focus on the raising of the kids.

Start loving yourself, take an interest in you first, accept what you have, understand what you have, know how to care for it and then start reaching out to friends. When we don't love ourselves first, it is very hard for others to love us!

Your soul mate will come, it might not come right away ... even taking HIV out of the equation ... sometimes finding a true soul mate can take a lifetime. It is the friendships that we make along the way that give us strength and give us a peek into just who we really are!

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #276028 - 04/18/14 02:46 PM

Well said anotherday . Listen sweetie from someone thats been pos for 20 years. Hiv does NOT define you as a the person you are. You have great kids and a great future ahead. Seek out the dreams you had put on hold and go for them ! Whatever it is if you want it you can achieve it.

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

heart

Reged: 09/01/12
Loc: united states
      #276030 - 04/18/14 05:21 PM

My new motto in life: FIND HOPE, Live Loved, and Enjoy Peace! You are going through a tough time right now; but you can be strong in knowing that there are a lot of people in this world who can help you through the many paths of lives. It's very important to love yourself and enjoy peace within your own heart to accept things in life which may be challenging. We have life; the moment our feet hit the floor. We have opportunities to make friendships which last a lifetime. This week in my community we witnessed the death of two children in separate car accidents; a 11yr old and a 10yr. I knew one family well; I can tell you the night before the child lost her life; she was enjoying life, family, and friends. We should all take a look outside of ourselves sometimes and just take a huge big sigh, and say: Thank You...for this day! I know within every man and woman; a restoring of our hearts and minds can be done. I understand that somedays seem so dark and may seem lonely. My dear friend YOU are not alone and YOU never will be---make life happen around YOU---don't let life entrap you in the darkness! Instead Rejoice! There are alot of wonderful people here---however, there are people everywhere waiting to meet you exactly where you are!

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #276050 - 04/23/14 08:42 AM

Micely said. And my prayers go out to the families in their time of sorrow.

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

1special1

Reged: 04/19/14
      #276061 - 04/24/14 01:29 AM

My ex-husband infected me although he knew at he was positive. Over the years of my being positive I chose to tell others early on especially if we are having a connection. I do it that so I'll know if I'm wasting my precious time on someone that can't handle it before we become too close. It helps me to weed out those. You have wonderful children to live for and see achieve their dreams. You've come to the right place for friends and comfort. Just because you are positive, don't let it run your life. You control it, don't let it control you. If you ever need to talk to someone pm me, I'll respond back.

stylengrace

Reged: 04/25/14
      #276072 - 04/25/14 06:54 PM

I'm going through the same thing. It gets really tough at times. I'm glad I joined I thought I was alone in this.

Better_Days

#276172 - 05/09/14 03:14 AM

With this encouraging words i feel more strong and hopeful to face each day with a smile. Thanks

Better_Days

#276173 - 05/09/14 03:41 AM

Be encouraged here we are a family, since i joined i feel more at ease. Now i look forward to better life ahead with a smile.

Better_Days

#276174 - 05/09/14 04:11 AM

I love your spirit, it may have happened but it will not deter us from achieving our goals. Thanks

PozSpaces

Reged: 05/15/14
      #276227 - 05/15/14 11:38 PM

I love your spirit. Many people inspire theirself and life goes on well. Be honest.

--------------------
There is someone for you even though you have HIV! http://www.PozSpaces.com

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bartleby, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1721

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement