Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Life >> Relationships and Dating

Pages: 1
Val

Reged: 01/08/14
Loc: New York City
not lucky in love... woman in NYC looking for friends
      #274703 - 01/08/14 02:43 PM

I am 49 and have been poz for 10 years. I have been dating for quite some time but never really finding love. The men I date tend to have been on drugs or still on drugs. Also most have been to jail. I have a problem with this because my ex who transmitted HIV to me was on drugs and I don't want to deal with that. Why can't I find a good guy? I am a young looking 49 year old most people tell me I look the most 40 and I am 119 lbs 4'11 so pretty much in shape white female. I am outgoing, loving, caring and spontaneous and still full of life. This disease does not define who I am. So on that note I am looking for friends because I can't deal with the whole relationship thing right now. But it is nice to hang out and talk to someone who is going through the same thing as me. I am alone with HIV. I do have older children but they really don't understand what I go through on a daily basis.

--------------------
I am positive that HIV does not define me. Don't stress the small stuff.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
anotherday

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
Re: not lucky in love... woman in NYC looking for friends new
      #274714 - 01/08/14 10:10 PM

Good for you Val, and welcome to body, you have come to the right place.

I am not one to judge people, everyone deserves a chance and even a second chance, so addicts, convicts ... they're people too, but maybe just haven't found their way yet! You on the other hand want something different .... and reaching out to places like this is a great first step.

Take some courses or get involved with community organizations, go to book readings, museum exhibitions ... places where other people hang out. You never know! Try just sitting in a coffee shop with a good book or your laptop, someone just might stop by your table for a chat!

I could list off a million different scenarios, but the key is your interested in finding friends ... hold off on relationship things and from netwroking with friends, someone will come along!

Although I live way out in western Canada, a million miles from NYC, but consider me a friend ... atleast an online chatting friend. A good guy will come your way, usually as the old cliche states "when you least expect it", stay upbeat and enhoying life, love yourself and good things will come! Start being a friend to the person looking back at you in the mirror!

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #274731 - 01/10/14 08:55 AM

Why don't you just start with making a friend to talk and share thoughts with? Friend00 , whom has posted in this catagory is looking for a frind to just go shopping with or any of the many activities that are available in NYC. Send her a PM and see if you both can get together for lunch .

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

Val

#274734 - 01/10/14 10:02 AM

Thank you, I will do that.

--------------------

Val

#274735 - 01/10/14 10:24 AM

Thank you for your response. I am not one to judge either but I always see to settle because of HIV and I am not going to do it any more. You are right, they just weren't ready. Just going to take it one day at a time.

--------------------

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bartleby, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1155

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement