Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Relationships and Dating

Pages: 1
mwblah83

Reged: 12/08/13
loneliness
      #274477 - 12/13/13 09:32 PM

how do you deal with loneliness? i am a 30 y/o female, and its been taking is toll on me. i haven't dated anyone in 3+ years as most people run for the hills when they hear i'm positive. i've had guys that were interested in a sexual relationship, but never anything more than that and i'm beginning to give up on ever finding anyone... how do you deal with this?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
Re: loneliness new
      #274480 - 12/14/13 09:35 AM

Well posting here is a good start. I deal with a few pos web ites and it seems that no one can find another which I don't quite understand. All I can say is when you see somone looking to meet another , drop them a hello. Like on this site for instance or even stop by the Pos Personals site. It all starts with just a hello. Don't be shy or bashful, just say hello and take it from there.

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

proud22daddy

Reged: 08/06/13
      #274485 - 12/14/13 10:08 PM

I know what you mean. Keep your head up:)

anotherday

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
      #274487 - 12/15/13 03:09 PM

To deal with loneliness is to first start breaking down the walls of being alone! Alot of people over many different reasons and factors have built walls around them to stop any chance of human interaction, these walls eventually will cause one to be lonely.

Step one is to start from within, look into that mirror and become the best friend you have ever wanted. You have to be your own best friend, love yourself and what you do ... from there that love will reach out and start embracing others. The walls of lonely can not withstand and will soon topple.

Reaching inside yourself and finding the person that you want to attract is so important. Listing off a bunch of age related, body image, interest statistics is only painting a picture of what you desire ... find out who you are, and the world will find you!

Regarding HIV and people running from you, stop making HIV the front of who you are. People with HIV still have friends and from friends is where relationships are spawn. The old "friend of a friend of a friend" thing, you have to start networking, getting yourself out there ... locally and online! Dating sites (for both positive and negative people), dating sites also have a lot of people just looking for friends, people to hangout with.

You will find the path to dealing with this (loneliness) but remember you have to start with a mirror, you have to love that person looking back at you ... alot of people say "oh I do already", dig a little deeper, find the love and that will begin to radiate out and attract the friendships and relationships you so much desire!

Good luck on your journey, and remember you are not alone, you have all of us here!

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

DJlavis

Reged: 06/08/13
      #274605 - 12/30/13 03:19 AM

Maybe join hiv groups or hiv dating sites like Positive Singles, POZ, and pozspaces.com Hiv Support groups and Hiv dating Sites are important because they provide emotional
support for people with herpes who have the same condition, and help each other through tough situations. Allow positive singles people to share information and openly discuss their problems without judgment, to process their feelings
and to hear others talk about their situation. Participating will help you deal more effectively with your problems. With support groups, you know that you are not alone. The

Stigma attached to std's can be quite daunting, however there are many areas where support

can be found.

--------------------
EDUCATE Yourself. Don't let yourself get down and always keep moving. We have to stick together.

Edited by crabman (12/30/13 03:51 PM)

tailorbow

Reged: 12/30/13
      #274608 - 12/30/13 04:22 AM

I think, dealing with loneliness is quite easy when you keep yourself busy with positive things in life. Find an activity that you will learn and enjoy at the same time.

riverprincessModerator

#274641 - 01/03/14 03:54 PM

Start with saying hello to the many people here. Everyone is looking for someone so you can't say you can't find anyone. Come on, just click on a name and start with having some conversation !

--------------------

anotherday

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
      #274645 - 01/03/14 10:05 PM

That is so right river, say hello, reach out a hand, give a wink! People love to be acknowledged, to know that we exist, that we are on this planet to understand and participate in the human experience. To stand on the sidelines is a waste of experience.

We all want to share our journies, we all want to hear others journies. Whether it is HIV related or not, we all know we share a common thread on this website, but it doesn't have to be the only reason we communicate. I don't travel much so I would like to hear about your town, your state, your country ... I live in Canada and as I know alot of people think we all live in igloos and travel with dog teams year round ... guess what, we don't! Let's share our human experience, not just HIV! A real cure for lonliness!

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

riverprincessModerator

#274650 - 01/04/14 10:07 AM

Geewizzz anotherday , You just bursted my bubble abougt the igloos but glad you don't use the dogs for travel. I always felt that was sorta mean to make all these dogs run run and run . Yeah I know thats what they were bred for but I'm still glad you don't. Now as for that Igloo , do they come in ranch styles?

--------------------

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bartleby, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3998

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement