Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Life >> Relationships and Dating

Pages: 1
littlejax

Reged: 09/25/13
Loc: San Diego, CA
What to do?
      #274042 - 09/25/13 03:23 AM

So, this is my first time here and I need some advice. I have been positive for 3 years and and it's been a year since I left the relationship that made it happen. Then, I met someone that sparked my interest. Never having to tell an SO about my extras, it was a nerve-racking task to do so, but I did. I told them that the decision was theirs and not to take it lightly. Long story short, they seemed o.k.with it and we moved to an intimate relationship. After that night things felt a bit weird, but not to bad or worrisome. I txt them the next following days, but alas, no reply. It's now been a week and a few txt later, and still no reply. Should I chalk this up to "Hey, it was great, but I don't want anything to do with you because of 'IT'," -OR- they were in a freak accident and got carried off by mutant alien clowns never to be heard from again until the apocalypse. I normally don't go into chat forums, but I literally have no one to talk to about this. Please advise. Thanks

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
Re: What to do? new
      #274044 - 09/25/13 09:27 AM

Just see this as the first trial run, and know that YOU passed with flying colors. You were upfront with everything , and like you said it was difficult but you did it. You didn't lose anything with this person , you gained a whole lot through this person. You should be very proud of yourself. And if it happens again don't sweat it. Practice makes perfect and that includes the perfect partner. And don't settle for less.

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
      #274048 - 09/25/13 11:28 AM

Although I got a kick out of the mutant alien theory, I will keep my fingers crossed on that one sounds like the douche bag deserves it, chances are its simpler than that.

Chances are the other person just wasn't upfront with what they really wanted and wasn't looking for a relationship. It happens a lot. People say they want one but put extremely high expectations on it so they never really find it. Has nothing to do with your status or you.

You did great and did what a normal person would. You were honest, open, and willing to find common ground. They on the other hand were not. It's very much the same rules as with dating before bunch of weeds amongst the flowers. Keep trying and keep being honest and open to more and the right one will come along.

AIDS2HIV
Unregistered

Post deleted by Becky new
      #274063 - 09/26/13 09:39 AM

sunshine1

Reged: 09/20/13
Loc: USA
      #274066 - 09/26/13 01:33 PM

Hey just wanna comment you for being up front and gud luck with your new relationship.

littlejax

#274072 - 09/27/13 01:37 AM

Thanks for the advice! I really appreciate it. I've decided that they are a lost cause and therefore, I will definitely move on. I guess it's all about baby steps and no more forever alone Good luck on your relationship and I'm happy to see that people can move on.

littlejax

#274073 - 09/27/13 01:40 AM

Thanks for the confidence boost! At least I know that I did the right thing and rejection in any form just sucks but I can and will move on. Thanks again!

littlejax

#274074 - 09/27/13 01:48 AM

Unfortunately, I found out that mutant aliens weren't involved... One can hope that they might come around again later on when karma doesn't fall into play In any case, I passed my learning curve which is great. I know that somewhere I'll find someone and at the same time I hope they find someone too. Douche bag move or not, can't say that I blame them completely, but it could've been handle 100x better. Thank you for your input and answering me. All the best to you!
P.S. Watch out for the Chupacabra- that for sure is real

littlejax

#274075 - 09/27/13 01:49 AM

Thanks!

Better_Days

Reged: 04/15/14
Loc: Kenya
      #276000 - 04/16/14 05:14 AM

Big ups for your courage not many would stand and open up knowing the response at hand. I have gone through similar rejection episodes but nevertheless i still hold my head high and hope one day will meet someone who will look beyond this and reach for the heart. do not give up.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bartleby, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1403

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement