Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Relationships and Dating

Pages: 1
tcocoa
Regular

Reged: 07/19/07
Dating as a HIV poz woman
      #271067 - 03/10/13 09:31 AM

There is life after a positive diagnosis. Unfortunately, I have not had good experiences with dating someone who was also HIV+. In my experience they seem to be the ones that are so unaccepting of me even though we are going through the same battle with this disease. I am currently dating a HIV negative man,, and I was very open and honest with him from the door and he was very accepting of me. I have known him for over 30+ years but we recently reconnected and right now trying to iron out the kinks in this relationship. It definitely has its challenges. What i'm saying is that don't just look to finding someone who is HIV+ as a potential mate sometimes you can meet someone who is not HIV+ and they will be accepting of you and who you are. You will know as you talk to them and you will know whether they are the ones you can become an open book with.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
STDAsk

Reged: 12/20/12
Loc: NYC
Re: Dating as a HIV poz woman new
      #271092 - 03/12/13 02:59 AM

Hi Tcocoa,
dating with HIV+ is not easy,glad to see you are dating a HIV negative man,hope you will have a good experience with him:).

Dating site like PositiveSingles,PozPersonals Etc offers the chances for poz singles to date other HIV+ Singles or who share your POZ.

At least we are not alone.

--------------------
Meet Singles and friends share your HIV
http://www.hmeet.com

masons12

Reged: 03/19/13
      #271253 - 03/20/13 12:41 AM

I'm happy to hear about individuals who are negative who are accepting of positive partners. I'm also happy to learn about these dating sites for positive people. I will definitely be adding them to my resources. Thanks!

ms203

Reged: 03/24/13
      #271374 - 03/27/13 11:16 AM

I'm glad Tcoacoa got her life back in order.

Lusue

Loc: USA
      #271412 - 03/29/13 09:35 PM

So hard to bring out your status when u do not know how the other party will react. i have had the same problem. Tried dating HIV Poz men and it was hell. Just resigned myself to being alone.

Lusue

Loc: USA
      #271413 - 03/29/13 09:41 PM

Just be very careful with these. You will not believe it but there are so many scammers on these sites. I got one scammer, HIV poz and everything but still a scammer.

tcocoa
Regular

Reged: 07/19/07
      #271600 - 04/09/13 12:19 PM

Yes, I got my life back!!!! I have had no shortage of HIV negative men who want to date me and be in my life . But, im currently in a relationship and it is going well. This man loves me to the bone and my HIV status was never an issue for him. Sure, we have our ups and downs BUT he is still there in spite of it all. Once , I got over the fear of disclosing I took off running out of the gate like a race horse and I have not looked back since. Someone is either going to accept you or not. So , don't just limit yourself to HIV positive partners as a potential mate. And as always on these dating sites, beware of the scammers. My S/O and I knew each other since middle school BUT I have had good experiences on some dating sites although it didn't lead to a love connection. I wish you all the best and don't stop living life and still look in the mirror and tell yourself how beautiful you are, because you ARE!!! I still consider myself, a sensual, sexy woman who enjoys life to the fullest.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bartleby, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3665

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement