Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Pages: 1
Dakota
Unregistered

sibling has HIV
      #54897 - 01/16/03 11:06 AM

My brother has HIV and is on the cusp of full blown AIDS. His T-Cells are low (?) which apparently is not good. I have known for some time that he is HIV+ but am very shocked and saddened about his declining helath. In addition to his HIV he now also has Kaposis Sarnoma (sp?).
HE has also been involved in a very lengthy court case resulting from his HIV status resulting from a relationship with someone who was unaware he was +. Luckily this person did not contract the disease. As a result he has lost his job and cannot afford the medication necessary to stabilize him. This case has been going on for almost a year and has put an incredible strain on him emotinally and financially.
We live in SD and as far as I know there are no support groups of any kind in our state and nobody seems the slightest bit interested including his physician and his attorney. I am totally frustrated.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: sibling has HIV new
      #54898 - 01/16/03 12:52 PM

No one in the US should be without medications for HIV. YOu should call the South Dakota ADAP 605-773-3523. They should provide free medications for your brother!

There is no reason for him not to have medications. He can also enter a study and this way receive free medicaitons. Search through the following data base to find a study near you: http://199.105.91.6/treatment/ButtonFrame.asp?GoToPage=TRIALSEARCHMAIN

Try to find help also South Dakota AIDS Hotline. 1-800-592-1861.

OR call Minnesota AIDS Project
1400 Park Avenue South
Minneapolis MN 55404
mapaidsline@mnaidsproject.org

You are not alone. Just reach out and you can find help. Remind your brother that there is no reason he should not be on medications immediately. SO many people are doing better on these drugs!

To talk about HIV treatments you can call this free hotline:
Project Inform National HIV treatment line: 800-822-7422

GOOD LUCK!

JAG
Unregistered

Re: sibling has HIV new
      #55742 - 01/23/03 07:12 PM

Hi Dakota-
My brother also has "full blown AIDS" and we are in search of a support group as well. I have found a wonderful lady in rapid city area that runs many types of support groups and financial support groups to include the families of the infected. If you arent in this area, you may still want to call her and get a referral for a closer town for you. She is SO sweet and WONDERFUl for talking to and getting information. If you'd like, I'll email you her name and number. Best of Luck!
JAG

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2058

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement