Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Pages: 1
christina719

Reged: 10/27/12
to Women/Men Living with HIV/AIDS
      #268664 - 10/27/12 05:43 PM

Hi. My name is Christina. I am currently a senior in high school, interested in pursuing a career in film-making/directing. I am not living with HIV or AIDS, my mother is. She was diagnosed when i was just 11 years old, seven years later, she is still battling this disease. Since age 11, I have been learning and researching HIV/AIDS. Im interested in helping others prevent it because I see how much it effects not only the victims but the people near and dear to them. My mothers disease has most definitely took a tole on my brothers and I. every single day im blessed to still have my mother with me. I have spent the last hour or so reading personal stories that you all have posted and I am truly inspired that regardless of your situations, you all are continuing to move foward and refuse to give up. My mother always says "Im not going to die (from) HIV, im going to die (with) HIV." nonetheless, as i stated before..i am aspiring to become a film maker, majority of the colleges i am applying to require a portfolio. I feel that the best portfolio for me to do is create a film about (YOU) all. and have you all tell your stories (and my mother will tell hers as well) on a documentary movie...I live near Los Angeles, and I am extremely serious and passionate about this film. I plan to create this film with an open heart and a clear mind and to genuinely help others. If any of you are in or near the los angeles, ca area and are willing to share your stories, while helping myself AND others, please contact me @ CHRISTINAYOUNG94@GMAIL.COM ... I would like to begin speaking frequently through email, and eventually begin filming and sharing your stories as soon as possible. thank you all, once again my email is CHRISTINAYOUNG94@GMAIL.COM

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
Re: to Women/Men Living with HIV/AIDS new
      #268675 - 10/28/12 11:12 AM

All the best to you with your endeavor Chrishina. I imagine that you will get a variety of different stories, and many more of hope and dreams. . I live in Jersey butwould still love to share my story with you .

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

masosa

Reged: 12/06/12
Loc: west Virginia
Re: to Women/Men Living with HIV/AIDS new
      #269484 - 12/06/12 11:20 PM

I wish I lived closer I think telling my story would help me cope while I may help someone else.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2465

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement