Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Pages: 1
tictac

Reged: 04/07/12
My husband has aids
      #262327 - 04/07/12 11:25 PM

This is my first post ever, very scary. My husband was diagnosed 3 years ago. For anyone out there who is going thru this....it gets better. I thought I was going to bury him, instead he is doing well. On haart, no bad side effects. Sometimes it is difficult to be in a serodiscordant relationship, but because of hiv, I know what it means to love someone completely.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
Re: My husband has aids new
      #262364 - 04/09/12 02:58 PM

So glad things are going well. I see the deep truth of your love for him as I'm sure your hubby has for you . And when a couple sticks together through the thick and thins of life all it can do is grow deeper and deeper. And when a couple is "freed" from what was thought to be a death sentence it truly deepens the relationship into something beautiful. And I have no doubt that God will continue to bless your loving union for many many more years.

Daddy_Bearby

Reged: 07/29/09
Loc: Alabama
      #262881 - 05/04/12 08:28 AM

Honey I know where your coming from .
When I was diagnosed as having Aids in 2001 my " husband " asked my Dr if the hospital or She was doing any thing he could not do at home and if he could take me away from the hospital setting .
She of course finally conceded to his request .
It wasn't like I knew my where abouts until I became lucid once again about six month's later in 2001 thanks to his perseverance my my recovery of comming home from the road ( he was a line haul ( aka otr ) driver ( trucker ) at that time and him asking me question's every hour causing me to engage my brain which is why I emerged from an ARD/ADC (*) status in just shy of six month's instead of the projected 12 to 18 month's as my id dr thought originaly.
Yes here we are now just passing our 27th year as a seridisocrdinate couple me with aids and him with his diabeties living and loving each other just because we can do so .
So yes Virginia there is a Santa Claus because " WE WILL SURVIVE THIS " !
(&) ARD/adc = Aids Related Dementia or Aids Dementia Complex

alive2
Guardian

Reged: 03/08/07
      #262961 - 05/08/12 02:03 PM

at least you understand things do get better, it just takes time.
im positive and my wife is negitive as are my 4 children, as for the sero relationship we learned to protect each other, being intimate isnt going to stop, it kind of gets better after the inital shock wears off. we learned many other ways to be intimate and our love was streched a bit in the early days of my diagnosis, but we have turned our love into more and its weird how this type of diagnosis pushed us closer, kind of the oppisite of what one would think.your love for him is very important and its people like you who stick by your loved one through something so trying that will make both of you so close. im glad your here to tell us this, we lke to hear good news too. thanks take care.

Pos_in_Thailand
Guardian

Reged: 02/01/11
Loc: Thailand
      #263786 - 06/15/12 01:59 PM

I'm really happy to hear that your husband is doing well and is staying healthy. I'm sure it's not always easy, but you are right, this illness does teach you what real love is and what matters most in life.

Since he is healthy and well managed, you are pretty safe. Stick to safe sexual practices and be happy with what you have. Also, even if you were both positive, you would still need to practice safe sex to eliminate the chance of cross infecting each other. My girlfriend and I are both positive, with undetectable viral loads and good CD4 counts, and on the same meds, and we are still always safe with each other. All this adds up to safety and responsibility AND a great physical relationship that is very satisfying and nurturing.

I know that there are issues other than just sex, such as how he feels about his meds, getting very regular check ups, etc. In that way, you are there with him on that, so it's just as important to you as it is to him. Use it as the glue that strengthens your resolve and love for each other - that is how to defeat this illness at its roots.

Best of luck to you. Please contact me if you wish to talk.

dilshil

Reged: 09/28/12
      #267416 - 09/28/12 09:23 AM

you have to take care of serodiscordant relationship

--------------------
Mobile price in pakistan

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3286

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement