Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Pages: 1
Sally123

Reged: 06/29/10
I really need some advice on how to cope...
      #250941 - 06/29/10 09:02 AM

I lost my Uncle last week. He was diagnosed HIV+ 15 years ago. He treated me like his own daughter and doted on me so much. I just hate to think of how he suffered and the worst of it was that he didn't want me to go and see him because he knew It broke my heart to see him so ill and equally it would break his heart to see me so upset. I feel a bit lost as I have never lost anyone that I loved before and I didn't get to say goodbye. If anyone has any advice I would love to hear it. I still can't believe I'll never see him again.

Edited by Sally123 (06/29/10 01:31 PM)

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ladyj1892

Reged: 02/11/10
Re: I really need some advice on how to cope... new
      #250992 - 07/01/10 05:47 PM

am so sorry for your lost but picture this you know that he love you i lost my grandmother last year because doctors gave her the wrong medications after a year i still feel apart of me missing so you will be feeling like this for a while in time you will get over this but it takes time again am sorry for your lost

Mike_Pittsburgh

Reged: 07/01/10
      #250993 - 07/01/10 06:23 PM

My sympathies to you. Remember the good times. Although all of this book may not apply, I recommend that you pick it up at the library or your favorite outlet and begin to read. It is called:"How to Survive the Loss of a Love" by Melba Colgrove, Ph.D., Harold H. Bloomfield, M.D. and Peter McWilliams. ISBN: 0-553-07760-0 It will provide a weath of short read comfort.

relatewithsame45

Reged: 07/01/10
      #251003 - 07/02/10 01:32 AM

Losing a loved one is one of the most difficult and emotional experiences in our lives. The road to reaching a level of comfort that no longer brings pain will be long and the loss will never fully be forgotten. But time heals all wounds as they say and I believe it to be true. Your love for your uncle and his appaprent love in return is special and it is with that love for you that he would want you to be happy. Remember him fondly and as each day passes the hurt dissapates. My best to you.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3219

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement