Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Pages: 1
abitsad
New User

Reged: 12/27/09
SEX
      #249783 - 03/18/10 12:59 AM

It's been 4 months since my husband's AIDS diagnosis. He is now on Atripla which has worked great and is beginning to relive his life normally. I seem to give the dx much more thought than he does and am currently dealing with wanting sex. Since hi's diagnosis we have not had sex d/t my insecurities(I'm -)I am aware of safe sex but still am very scared. To be completely honest, my body wants to have sex but my mind is telling me no for various reasons; 1 being fear and the other being the acceptance of his mistake. I am still in the relationship and I will be b/c i want to support him through this ordeal but I still am not sure if i will b here happilly for the long run. I feel bad to think this way because i do not want to abandom him later but at this point, I dont think it will ever b normal again for me. I feel that if it werent for his diagnosis and him becoming so ill that he prob would have continued his cheating ways. I am really confused still. We are otherwise a healthy couple and pretty happy but know we cannot continue to ignore sex amogst other topics the future..,

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie__Blue
Veteran

Reged: 01/20/07
Re: SEX new
      #249786 - 03/18/10 06:06 AM

It sounds as if you all had some issues in your marriage before your husband found out his status. HIV affects the entire family and the emotional impact is real for all concerned. Perhaps seeing a counselor jointly would help to get these issues sorted out.

Good Luck.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2043

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement