while. You are NOT alone, TJ. There are lots of us out here and
we do understand.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Sandra
Unregistered

My husband also has HIV and I need to talk new
      #1100 - 03/30/00 11:51 PM

hI
MY HUSBAND IS ALSO HIV POS. I HAVE NO ONE TO TALK TO. I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH. PLEASE WRITE ME AND WE CAN TALK MORE. EVEN SHARE OUR NUMBER PRIVATELY. YOU SHOULD PRAY GOD, HE WILL HELP AND RECOMFORT

Anonymous
Unregistered

TALK TO OTHERS! new
      #1101 - 03/30/00 11:52 PM

Thanks, my husband was diagnosed last month as pos. We've been married 14 years and I'm neg. I've been trying to be strong too. How did you get thru the first weeks of the adjustment to the drugs? Right now it just feels like I'm taking care of someone with the flu for a long time. He also has balance problems. any ideas for dealing with this would be great.

J.M.
Unregistered

don't forget yourself new
      #1102 - 03/30/00 11:54 PM

I read your response to TJ regarding her HIV husband. You sounded like someone I could talk with. My husband and I have been married for 8 years, we have a 7 year old daughter. After many tests and close calls we found out he is HIV+, has PCP and diagnosed with AIDS this July. I was devistated. I've tested negative twice since. I've read everything I can get my hands on, I'm seeing a therapist, I'm on a first name basis with our local AIDS project. We're moving through the denial and anger and all that's left is terror. Terror of loosing him, terror of getting HIV, terror of how to get my daughter through this. Worst of all is the terror that every cough and fever brings. We're living one day at a time but It's so hard! We've told everyone close to us and they've been supportive, but NO ONE knows what it's like to be in these shoes. I guess I'm just looking for more negative couples with + partners. I live in the central US where not many people have dealt with this. Any help/support/friends would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: TALK TO OTHERS! new
      #132238 - 12/26/04 02:08 AM

I have been with my husband for some years now, we have been having unprotected sex, and I just found out he's got full blown AIDS. I am negative. So, I am very happy about that. I was so freaked out at first and angry with him that he didn't tell me the truth. The counselor said that is very common. I got advice to leave him from several persons because of the betrayal. However, I decided not to, first because of the children involved, also the stress level would make the immune system weaker, and he was so sick. And I love him. I have been telling people, he had not told anyone, not his sister, or mother. I felt they have a right to know. First I thought he was going to die immediately, then I thought I was or the kids might get it. Then I realized that was me being full of fear. I am more used to it now, and I guess I'm not afraid any longer. I have been tired because he has not been able to work and he has been bedfast for several months, but thanks to meds he's coming around. I'm feeling pretty happy about everything now and like I am strong enough to deal with whatever happens and also that he will be around for a long time and not always sick. I thing the sickness will come and go. Does anyone know about whether the sickness stays most of the time or only with bouts? Especially when wasting is involved?

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5635

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement