Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Health and Treatment Issues >> Nutrition, Exercise & HIV

Pages: 1
genuinered

Reged: 03/18/12
Loc: MN, USA
New Results
      #262943 - 05/07/12 10:49 PM

Well I have to say I am excited. Today I got my new lab results. I was diagnosed HIV + March 1st. My viral load was 590k and CD4 of 400. My results for my late April labs are viral loads under 3k and CD4 over 1k up by 600 points for both CD4 and Tcell counts after taking meds for about a month and a half.
Fortunately the meds are working but unfortunately my body still seems to be having issues with veggies and fiber. Is this a reaction to the meds or just me? I am still concerned about getting all the nutrients I need because of my body seeming to refuse too many veggies (too many being eating a salad before a meal or eating my veggies first or more than 1/3 of my meal being veggies). Any suggestions by anyone that has figured out something that works for them?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
bartlebyAdministrator
Admin

Reged: 01/19/10
Re: New Results new
      #264162 - 06/28/12 12:43 PM

i don't think it's a reaction to the meds. have you always been resistant to veggies? didn't your mom tell you to eat them growing up?!

i would suggest you start with the veggies that you do like and work more and more into your diet. also eat whole grains whenever you can. lots of fiber there. like brown rice and whole wheat bread instead of the white stuff.

--------------------
Bartleby at The Body
Bulletin Board Administrator

Letstalk

Reged: 04/30/12
Loc: Norrth Carolina
Re: New Results new
      #266484 - 09/12/12 12:26 AM

I know that for me, I had to basically track my food in order to learn what was causing problems with my meds. What I did was write down what I ate everyday and the times that I ate it, then I compared the amount of times I was unable to tolerate the foods. I was able to determine that certain foods such as fatty foods made it harder for me to keep the medicine n my body. For example, vegetables cooked with a lot of oil or fatty meat added would be difficult for me to tolerate; however, if the vegetables were prepared with spices instead of fat, there was no problem.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2236

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement