Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Announcements >> News & Research

Pages: 1
sarkar

Reged: 04/07/14
HIV
      #277244 - 07/18/14 12:49 PM

I am 46 years old Indian live in New Delhi. After having protected sex with a CSW for 5 minutes using condom and ejaculated inside on 18-02-2014, My doctor conducted HIV PCR RNA test at 43 days post exposure and it gave positive with 225 copies/ml. I was put on ART. after taking 3 days of ART, I thought that the PCR RNA TEST may give false positive result. I repeated the PCR RNA test from other Lab which gave negative. But I took another 2 days ART for scariness. Then I stopped ART. Subsequently I tested for HIV AB/AG combo test by CMIA at 46, 61, 74, 80, 86, 94, 108, 122, 129 and 136 days post exposure and all came back negative. I was also tested by HIV antibody test by ECLIA method at 103 days post exposure and it came back negative.

My question is that 1) was first PCR RNA TEST FALSE positive looking at so less viral load at 43 days post exposure. 2) Can 2nd PCR RNA TEST be false negative for taking 3 days of ART. 3) Do all the HIV Combo test negative results had any effect with taking 5 days of ART. 4) Can I considered that my negative combo test results as conclusive and I need not to take any further test. According to some experts in India HIV antibodies may develop upto 180 days. 5) How accurate HIV combo test by CMIA in comparison to ELISA.

6) I am feeling peripheral neuropathy (tingling & numbness at hand and Feet for last 2 months. I am also feeling pin and niddle felling in hand and feet and also feeling like insect byte in feet.
is this symptoms anything to do with HIV.

Please reply I am too worry.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bartleby, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 225

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement