Reged: 06/22/10
Closer to a Cure? Chemists Synthesize Compound That Flushes out Latent HIV
      #264673 - 07/17/12 10:50 PM

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/07/120717141233.htm

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
jtpa

Reged: 03/11/12
Loc: Florida
Re: Closer to a Cure? Chemists Synthesize Compound That Flushes out Latent HIV new
      #264684 - 07/18/12 12:49 PM

thank you for posting this.

new2this2010
Regular

Reged: 06/22/10
Re: Closer to a Cure? Chemists Synthesize Compound That Flushes out Latent HIV new
      #265261 - 08/05/12 05:54 AM

You're welcome, Its better than reading on here from "everyone" that you will have to take pills the rest of your life. That is certainly not the case. You only have to take pills until a cure is found, which is right around the corner. Believe me, it is! Ragrdless of what you read on here. You wont see any doctors posting anything like this on this site either. for some reason, the doctors on here want to brainwash the readers into thinking a cure will never be found. Why, I will never know.

ashler1977
Veteran

Reged: 05/18/12
Loc: Europe
      #265272 - 08/05/12 06:31 AM

Excellent news. There are other researchs currently working on this subject, for instance:

http://aidsresearch.org/cure-research/eradicating-hiv-reservoirs

Erradicating HIV from these reservoirs + HAART = functional cure (or maybe erradication?)

I am not sure if a cure is around the corner, but certanly we are closer than ever.

--------------------
Oral Sex: What's the Real Risk for HIV?
http://www.thebody.com/content/art58210.html

kicker
Veteran

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
      #265279 - 08/05/12 01:59 PM

No one is brainwashing anyone except for yourself.

The reason we tell people that they will need to take medication for the rest of their lives is because until an actual widespread feasible cure is found you will have to take meds the rest of your life. I'm sorry but receiving a bone marrow transplant isn't doable for every singlee person with HIV. Hell it's not even feasible for a quarter of the people.

Bone marrow transplants are extremely dangerous and carries a high risk under the best conditions especially for people with HIV. You are essentially distroying all off your immune system and replacing it with someone else's. What part of that sounds safe? It's a last ditch effort to save a life.

Right now the best treatment for anyone with HIV is to take medication to control the virus and keep you healthy as long as possible. It is ill advised to not follow that recommendation because you want to believe a cure will happen tomorrow that will work for everyone. Even these people who have been functionally cured (so far) were on antivirals before they had this happen and continued antivirals after for a period.

No one is denying that this news is exciting and promising, but not being mentally prepared to take medication for the rest of your life will lead to problems down the road. Cause let's say you tell someone you only have to take pills for three years till they have the cure dispensing out of soda machines. Three years pass the person you told that has been looking forward to it and they don't have the cure. No what? They get depressed figure why bother come off their meds and die. Sounds impossible right? Wrong it happens a lot.

So it's morally and ethically wrong to give anyone any other advice than be prepared to take meds for the rest of your life until the cure is absolutely firmly in your hands and can be used on everyone. Period. It is not brainwashing it's called having a realistic and proven method of staying alive and well.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bartleby, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9427

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement