HIV Announcements >> News & Research

Pages: 1
Starboy
Regular

Reged: 12/09/04
Loc: New York
Anyone on Complera yet - Would like to know about
      #257330 - 09/07/11 10:12 PM

Anyone care to share there experences with the the new 1 pill Complera. I am on Atripla and hate the Sustiva side effects.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
new2this2010
Expert

Reged: 06/22/10
Re: Anyone on Complera yet - Would like to know about new
      #257422 - 09/12/11 02:56 AM

Have you tried asking your doctor about it yet before posting your questions on a web site? These doctors on this site have absolutley NOTHING positive to say about advances in HIV research Ive noticed. You may have better luck talking to your own doctor because these doctors on here DONT know it all by a long shot. Even though they think they do they dont. I have yet to read ONE positive response from ANY doctor on this site about new advances in HIV research. From reading their responses, it seems to me that they dont want a cure to be found.

Talk to your own personal doctor about it thats what I suggest, you wont find anything positive from these doctors on this web site.

Pos_in_Thailand
Guardian

Reged: 02/01/11
Loc: Thailand
Re: Anyone on Complera yet - Would like to know about new
      #259791 - 01/03/12 06:39 AM

Hi!

Here is a URL discussing Complera:
http://www.aidsmeds.com/archive/Complera_2646.shtml

It looks like although it is being used as a first-line medication regimen, it is not as effective as the Atripla combo, in the long-run. Statistically, it seems like there is a higher failure rate and greater likelihood of developing certain types of resistance, when compared to Atripla cocktail studies.

How long have you been on Atripla? It took about 6 months for all my side affects to wear off. The first couple weeks were a little hard. The next couple months were better. Now, other than some intermittent fatigue, I feel ok. From the data I am finding, the Atripla combo is best, if you can deal with it.

Just some info. I hope things work out!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bartleby, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1550

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement