Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Past Forums (read only) >> Myths About HIV/AIDS

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Myth or Fact
      #210960 - 10/08/06 04:31 AM

I posted in the other forum by accident, Hey in maple ridge canada i heard of a person leeding on napkins in a dispenser and then putting the napkins back in that he bled on, say i wipe my self with these napkins and theres blood on it, is there any risk at all ? and what are the chances i do get HIV if the person wiped blood on it like say 45 minutes ago ? is there any chance the virus would survive ? and ide also like to know how much blood has to go into say an open cut or sore to get HIV ?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
YOUNG

Reged: 10/11/06
Re: Myth or Fact new
      #211469 - 10/12/06 12:53 PM

The chances of that are slim especially since the person status in unknown. You would have more of a chance of contracting Hep B because it survives longer outside the body than does HIV
HIV can be saturated for 30 seconds with a alcohol and is destroyed

Hep B - has to be saturated for 10 minutes for that to be destroyed.
I have a question why would you use a paper towell that has blood on it? Were you bleeding that bad that you could not obtain a clean one?
And did you use it on an open wound or mucous membrane?

Stay safe

Anonymous
Unregistered

#217224 - 12/06/06 04:35 PM

[quote]I posted in the other forum by accident, Hey in maple ridge canada i heard of a person leeding on napkins in a dispenser and then putting the napkins back in that he bled on, say i wipe my self with these napkins and theres blood on it, is there any risk at all ? and what are the chances i do get HIV if the person wiped blood on it like say 45 minutes ago ? is there any chance the virus would survive ? and ide also like to know how much blood has to go into say an open cut or sore to get HIV ? [/quote]

Anonymous
Unregistered

#217700 - 12/08/06 11:29 PM

i always wipe my mouth at diners with bloody napkins.........wow...is that a real question

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10418

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement