Past Forums (read only) >> Myths About HIV/AIDS

Pages: 1
debtex
Legend

Reged: 03/21/05
family "full" of myths!!
      #173120 - 02/03/06 12:02 AM

oooohhh....I love the new forum!!!
are you kidding...I can get into WAAAY too much here. I have to get up early for work....so I will keep it brief.

1. sharing a smoke - ex: back when i first found out...used to smoke MJ quite regularly. smoked w/ a long time best friend & she said to someone else "why does Debbie do that, she knows she can give other people hiv"!! (so i INTENTIONALLY asked her for a hit...just to see her squirm next time)!! (:

2. mother in law....(ok people do we even have to go there)...but "few" examples.
when my husband and I first started dating he had an HIV test. letter came to the mail, (whew) he said..negative. his mother said to ME...thats good to know "if you seen" some of his X's. !!!! (okay!!)
touched unknown "liquid", maybe saliva...something "flemy" (yes gross)...BUT she absolutely LOST it on the store.telling me how she was freaking about AIDS.., but not for Her sake..for the sake of her kids/and grandkids!!
and lastly, when i brought my baby to the ID unit...(you're not going to let him near the patients though, right??) (idiot)!

there are SO many more, even in lots of other people...but for 98% percent of my world....what they dont know...they will learn, not assume.

i was just coming in to check stuff out, cuz its so late, i have to get up in 5 hrs....but I couldnt resist this one. (I swear, someone created it for me)!! (:

good nite all...
love
deb

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Blixer
Legend

Reged: 01/10/06
Loc: Missouri
Re: family "full" of myths!! new
      #173122 - 02/03/06 12:10 AM

Deb I'll look forward to more of the myths you have to share....

--------------------
David
Sustiva, Epivir, Videx EC

Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
      #173124 - 02/03/06 12:35 AM

Yeah Debbie is full of it. "Myths" that is...

Love you Hon!

franfrog
Legend

Reged: 01/05/06
Loc: NJ
      #173155 - 02/03/06 07:50 AM

This whole thing threw me off when I logged on.....Holy crap. Well, I like the one where if you eat off of my plates. Or even the one where shaking hands.(that is the oldest one ion the book) What about when Ryan White was first diagnosed and they were worried about the water fountains in school. Holy I can keep going.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#173277 - 02/03/06 08:33 PM

deb i felt like an amatuer compared to your post. i want to meet your mother in law,lol. keep them coming.love and peace

xtna

Reged: 02/04/06
Re: Am I "full" of myths!! new
      #173388 - 02/04/06 03:37 PM

My EX husband was diagnoised hiv+ eight years ago. We have a son who is now 16 years old he is a very sensitve teen, His father as had little contact with him and I am wondering if it something I should tell my son???

Jessie
Guardian

Reged: 06/15/04
      #173494 - 02/05/06 02:17 PM

Hey Deb,,

Sooooo good to hear from ya again....Yes,,,this post is GREAT and was defin....made for You and a few other peeps on here that i have seen writing....lol....You have a gREAT day and i hope to hear from you soon....Missed ya and hope all is well....Love and hugssss...

~Jessie~

debtex
Legend

#173711 - 02/06/06 03:02 PM

Hey there Jesse..

I've definitly missed you too!! Where have you been? you took a small break from us there too huh?! hope your doing well.
to the poster who asked about the dad with hiv. I think your son is at a good age to understand what is going on with his father. boys without fathers in their life will be very sensitive. was he infected thru drug use? (perhaps this is a reason he is not consistant in his life). he may harbor alot of angry feelings toward his dad.....and may even still knowing what is going on. because he may feel like he "wants" to do something to help, or that his dad shut him out without giving him a chance--but atleast as he grows/and matures more, he may understand that it was not his fault. when is the last time he has seen his dad??
I wish you all the best. it might not be a bad idea to talk to him about it--but please try to remain as neutral as possible. its important for him to form his own feelings about what is happening--because if its explained with anger (and I totally agree/and understand how hurt and angry you must be) he will either hate him for "your" reasons.....or just the opposite, and be angry at you for it.

good luck...much love and prayers,
debbie

Jessie
Guardian

Reged: 06/15/04
Re: DEBBBBBBBBBBBBBB...=)))) new
      #173850 - 02/07/06 12:48 AM

Hey Girl,,,

Ya,,had to take a bit of a break...was in school and got my BA in Human Services....YAY for me!!!!!! Finally , huh? I just decided that this illness was not gonna stop me from doin all the things i want/need to do until i have to take my very last breath......and i did it!!!!! I finally got that BA and my family is soooo very proud and even better,,,I am PROUD of ME!!!!!!

I have ot tellya,,there are tons of new faces on here since i have last been around but it is refreshing to see them....what ever happened to the old group of us? Everyone on break? I am glad to see You and hope that all is well with You...Keep in touch and dont be a stranga....Much Love
Always,
~Jessie~
P.S.-Just celebrated my second full year being HIV+...can ya believe it...it seemed to have flown right on by....DAMN!!!!!!..=)))

debtex
Legend

(: you GO jesse new
      #173948 - 02/07/06 03:59 PM

Hey Jesse....two years, wow. i bet alot has changed (especially "within" you) in that time, huh. Dont stop your goals there girl. Congrats...I am very proud of you too. keep setting those goals...b-cuz THIS will not keep you from doing ANYTHING you want to do!!
in october I just celebrated (yeah.."celebration, right" poor choice of words)..but I guess a celabration is in order. 10-17-05 was TEN years of being diagnosed.

Kittysmom

Reged: 10/11/10
      #252442 - 10/11/10 10:13 AM

LMAO!! Gotta love mother-in-laws, don't 'cha? BTW....did you ask her why was she touching something "flemy" in the store?

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 22301

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement