Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Past Forums (read only) >> HIV/AIDS in the Military

Pages: 1
brchr3

Reged: 03/09/02
Need Help in the Navy Reserve
      #29603 - 03/09/02 12:04 PM

Here is a brief description of my situation. I have been in the Navy (active and now reserve (IRR) since 1989 and am an AW2. I deployed to Bosnia in 98 and upon returning tried to switch to the Army National Guard, my medical records were lost so I had to re-phys at MEPS, I was found to be HIV+, I am not gay and have never used drugs so it was the biggest shock of my life! Anyway, I was NPQed from the National guard but found that I reverted back to my Naval Reserve contract, I'm still under contract for about a year and a half and want to drill again, I've run into nothing but brick walls and phone calls that are not returned, I feel like I'm being intentionally blown off!! I'm being treated by the VA and have had nothing but a great experience! My wife is negative as well as our 5 week old daughter, there is life after HIV, not the death sentance I thought it was. Can anyone help me with my Naval Reserve Issue? I really want to drill again!! Email me at brchr3@aol.com

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
JOHN IN LONDON
Unregistered

Re: Need Help in the Navy Reserve new
      #35787 - 06/15/02 12:29 PM

HI,I WROTE TO YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS,HOPE YOU RECIVED IT.
MY E-MAIL IS machinemusic@lycos.co.uk

Robert B
Unregistered

#39124 - 08/31/02 10:19 AM

You need to check out immune26. This is the only serious biotechnology product in the world today. I understand the W.H.O. is doing clinical AIDS testing in Africa, & that the preliminalry relults are well beyond expectations. Immune26 is the result of a 10 year, $50 million R&D effort. This is real science, not fluff. Unfortunately, you can only get immune26 from one of their distributors. I get mine from a guy named Al, he's really nice, honest, & will help you in any way he can.
go to:
www.mylegacyforlife.net/long-life
&
Check this out.
One thing; If you are alergic to eggs, you shouldn't take this product.

Robert B

PO1 positive
Unregistered

#40461 - 09/20/02 01:44 PM

If you're still there... you CANNOT be kicked out for HIV infection. I'm an enlisted reservist, was recalled after 9/11, and had my orders cancelled when my status turned up in my 5 year physical. If your local rescen won't inprocess you, contact the command senior enlisted there and tell him your situation. If you're still running into brick walls, try your nearest NR recruiter. If that doesn't work, contact ResFor in New Orleans.

My unit handled me well- my XO and HMCS took me aside on a non-drill weekend and let me know I was +. They got me a chaplain. I shook for an hour, but caught my breath. I moved closer to my family, and transferred to a new ResCen. My unit maintained confidentiality.

Sometimes, the Navy takes care of it's own.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#97271 - 05/02/04 09:38 PM

Ok, so not to be niave, but how did you get HIV+ then? I just visited the doctor and I was telling her I was nervous because I had sex with a guy 7 years ago and the condom broke. She was like, well in NH, the chances of the guy having HIV is nil if he is hetero and didnt use drugs or sex workers which he didnt so not to worry about it. Now after I am reading what you said, that you tested HIV+ and had no idea how you got it. Im glad your wife and baby are fine, but how is that possible that they are fine?

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6656

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement