Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Past Forums (read only) >> HIV/AIDS in the Military

Pages: 1
TheConversation

Reged: 03/09/08
Loc: Austin, TX, USA
HIV Disclosure in the Military
      #238351 - 04/09/08 01:45 AM

I was in the Air Force, was openly gay (I have to admit that I had a great General who told everyone to leave me alone because I did the greatest work for him), but I'll further admit that there was a lot of fear about being gay in the Military. I would like to know who all is having issues, fears, doubts, whatever about disclosing their HIV status in the Military. I've copied a general email I send out to interested organizations and individuals below:

I'm writing a book and doing a video documentary on the subject of "The Conversation" that everyone with HIV has when they disclose their HIV status. I'm looking for people from every race, age, nationality, and background; including those that are HIV negative to share their stories for publishing in the book.

There are several ways you can help us with the project:

* Join "The Conversation" by completing a questionnaire and asking your friends, family and partner to complete one of the HIV negative questionnaires.

* Promote our project on your website, Blog, Message Board, etc. Our website - www.theHIVconversation.com

* Inform your clients, if you're an ASO, of the project and ask them to complete a questionnaire. You can obtain supporting materials from the ASO page on our website.

* Link to us. We will gladly send you all the information you need for a link.

* Allow us to link to you. You'll need to send us a graphic, code, and any verbiage you would like used.

* Help us with the video project. We are currently looking for people to do individual videos to be published on our Youtube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheHIVConversation And, you might be able to help us with funding or other things as we work to complete our feature length documentary.

On the website you can learn more about the book, the author, who benefits, read stories of others who have already become a part of the project, discover how you can do your own video short, and obtain a Questionnaire.

Thank you for your assistance and I hope you will consider helping us with the project.

--------------------
Thank you for becoming part of "The Conversation",

Sebastian St.Troy
www.theHIVconversation.com

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
SaintOfChicago

Reged: 05/25/08
Re: HIV Disclosure in the Military new
      #239488 - 05/25/08 10:00 AM

Sir, you are incredible. The entire project seems infused with hope, and a transcendent quality. I commend you for bringing us all one step beyond the stigma.

This is a beautiful thing to witness, and I can't wait for it to be finished. Wish I had funds to offer, but I will be filling out the questionnaire for you and invite others to do so as well.

Congrats on a marvelous job well done. I hope you feel proud.

-amanda

--------------------
I choose to risk my Significance.
-D. Markove

TheConversation

Reged: 03/09/08
Loc: Austin, TX, USA
      #239519 - 05/27/08 01:15 AM

Thank you for your support of the project. I look forward to reading your story and being able to share it with others.

--------------------
Thank you for becoming part of "The Conversation",

Sebastian St.Troy
www.theHIVconversation.com

allangering
Regular

Reged: 07/04/09
      #246423 - 07/04/09 07:53 AM

A military appeals court ruling on aggravated assault charges against an HIV-positive male soldier who had sex with two women, one without a condom, without disclosing his serostatus provoked an interesting debate about what standard to apply given developing knowledge about transmission of the virus.

Natural cure for genital warts

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8315

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement