Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Past Forums (read only) >> HIV/AIDS in the Military

Pages: 1
gordon
New User

Reged: 12/13/05
Kissing a HIV- person
      #166880 - 12/13/05 04:17 AM

Unless I am mistaken if you kiss a person mouth to mouth and one of you is have HIV+ and the HIV+ person has a small cut in the gums or in the mouth area. The suliva with a small potion of blood will be trasmitted, hence making the other person HIV+. Correct or not?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
debtex
Veteran

Reged: 03/21/05
Re: Kissing a HIV- person new
      #166924 - 12/13/05 04:35 PM

No ... it is definitly NOT a form of transmission at all. in over TWENTY years there has only been ONE documented case of transmission from kissing. and in which case BOTH parties had SEVERE gingivitis and terrible bleeding gums. (both parties were bleeding....and would bleed during kissing, which was the openening for hiv)

jenn
Regular

Reged: 09/14/05
      #167108 - 12/15/05 10:20 PM

Gordon,
Are you kidding? Do you honestly think that kissing a positive person with a crack in the mouth simply "makes"a negative person positive?!!! Do you know how many positive and negative couples are out there and usually the only thing different they do is have protected sex between each other(opposed to unprotected). They swap saliva for years and years and years. I don't mean to sound condesending, but that's like a 1980's era question. You know - "can you get HIV from kissing?" I'm sorry for my lack of patience, I guess I'm just tired. Good night,
Jenn

Anonymous
Unregistered

#168649 - 01/04/06 12:02 PM

Kissing does not transmit HIV...the only bodily fluids that can transmit HIV are
SEMEN
VAGINAL FLUIDS
BLOOD
& breast milk (only from mother to child)

THAT's it. NOT saliva

Anonymous
Unregistered

#169953 - 01/16/06 01:18 PM

Only 2 documented cases in over 40 million infections. And they had bleeding gums.

debtex
Veteran

Reged: 03/21/05
      #170342 - 01/18/06 10:47 PM

keep in mind TO ALL THOSE WW out there....

the ONLY 2 documented cases, was not "a little" blood in the mouth. BOTH parties had severe gingivitis and bleeding gums.

Wannakiss
Unregistered

#192524 - 05/22/06 06:07 AM

I have met this great guy, who is HIV +, we get along well, on all levels. I'm trying to ignore my attraction to him, we've said "just friends", my reason is I"m still putting the heart back together. He's so freakin' cool. I wanted tonight to kiss him, but stopped thinking about it. Got home, and here I am on this website, seeing if kissing is safe. I read that unhealthy gums or teeth make for transfer to be easy. What if my dentist really checked me out? Open mouth kissing without deep kissing is just not as hot, but could be, I'm inventive. Also, I want to make sure that I really really like him, before getting our hopes up. And he's gotta figure me out too. But man we make eachother laugh, and talk for real, and that combo is a mental erection for me. We're being "just friends", but as we get to know eachother, the attraction is quite a connection of spirit, too. So, is mouth to mouth kissing , no tongue, can it be as hot as deep kissing?

rboss1024
New User

Reged: 05/25/06
      #193189 - 05/25/06 09:11 PM

Not necessarily but you should get tested nonetheless and dont kiss the person with hiv, while they have an open cut or sore in his or her mouth. get the facts! You can get it from blood, semen, and vaginal and anal secretions..never heard of it being passed thru saliva but I understand, you cant!

wannakiss
Unregistered

#193219 - 05/26/06 03:31 AM

Gordon, I kissed my guy who is HIV pos., after he had explained some facts, and after I'd looked some up on sites he suggested, and I found out about...and let me tell ya Gordon, OH YA! He says that you can have a person who's not HIV pos, with a cut on their thumb put into a vat of the saliva of a person who doesn't get any meds, so their "viral lode" is loaded, and that person without HIV won't get it. He works with AIDS?HIV information. He's great, we kissed, ya it was quuuuiiiite nice.

duffy
New User

Reged: 06/08/06
Loc: ENGLAND,UK
      #195054 - 06/08/06 06:34 AM

if you know or think there is a cut, dont kiss. but dont become paranoid about it, it is very very rare and i think you would have to be cut in the mouth too. enjoy, be safe.

Glenn
Unregistered

#198027 - 06/28/06 09:45 AM

"hence making the other person HIV+"

You are writing as if HIV transmission is inevitable whenever an exposure event occurs. Humans have something called an immune system that attacks dangerous bacteria and viruses and in most case kills them. Also there are anti microbials in saliva that kill HIV on contact before the person can even be exposed. You will not get HIV from deep kissing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#220100 - 12/27/06 08:43 PM

If u still check this....put it this way: if you were to fill about a ten gallon full of someones saliva then you just might get the virus, this virus is usually contracted through anal, vagina, and oral sex

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 31051

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement