Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
darrkstarr

Reged: 08/12/03
husband in denial
      #69188 - 08/13/03 01:31 PM

My husband was tested positive 9yrs ago,by both ELISA/Western blot.I held the labs in my hands...I was tested(neg.) for 3yrs running.He now says he is negative,that a flu shot/street drugs made it positive.Could this be so???? He has never received treatment or subsequent tests.From what I have researched,I have been told these tests are SO exact that his belief is incorrect.I am very afraid,as we have an18yr old son. I realize I would have had to have been positive at time of his birth for HIM to be positive,but am soooo confused! I feel my husband (now ex) is in denial...he has unprotected sex with his new wife...could the labs have been compromised by street drugs?He has some illnessnes which seem(upon research) to be related to HIV.I would love to think he is correct,but firmly believe he is in extreme denial! Please help with ANY input or suggestions!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
darrkstarr

Re: husband in denial new
      #69194 - 08/13/03 02:58 PM

Thank you so much for your reply...I also viewed the western blot results..there was a detailed breakdown of protein levels,it mentioned seropositive,seroconversion,also stated they had occured NOT recently,but in the past.I sure wish I had saved the labs,but returned them to him. Both antiboby and antigen levels were positive.Which street drugs would have rendered the test "askew"? Do I have a right to ask him to be retested? My Dr could only tell me that his second test was "the same results",as he only let me visually see the 1st test labs.. Thanks again,as I remain confused!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#69208 - 08/13/03 04:36 PM

did you read my 2nd post? Concerning the western blot results?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#69213 - 08/13/03 08:21 PM

NO! NO! NO!, If he had both those tests he is positive. No doubt about it. Normally I tell people to butt out of other peoples lives (sex lives) but if he is having unprotected sex with his wife he is puting her at HUGE risk and his being in denial is no reason to risk her life. Send your question to some physicians (use the section on Safe Sex here or use the site at Johns Hopkins, that guy is wonderful www.hopkin-aids.edu) and get their answers then present this info to him, and if he will not listen then to her. They may not like you for awhile but it is the RIGHT thig to do to make shure she gets the opportunity to stay safe.

Basquo
Unregistered

#69311 - 08/14/03 10:16 AM

You and the doctor who showed you the results could be in BIG trouble if you disclose to the wife. The HIPAA Privacy Rule that went into effect April 14 stipulates MAJOR fines for unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information. Do you have Medical Power of Attorney for your ex? If not, he could take legal action against you and the doctor. Maybe you could do it anonymously, but even so if he can he prove it was you he could probably cry malicious slander as well. Tread lightly!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#69318 - 08/14/03 01:21 PM

He's irresponsible. He's positive. A positive test doesn't EVER CHANGE no matter what you take. Especially if its confirmed by a western blot. I would threaten your ex that if he doesn't tell his wife you will. If he wants to throw away his life that fine. But to take someone else with him is a crime.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#69327 - 08/14/03 02:56 PM

contact the local health dept they will take care of him.

darrkstarr

#69407 - 08/17/03 01:00 PM

Let me please say,my Dr did NOT violate privacy.I was shown the results by him. I recall seeing a protein breakdown,etc. My query is,I understand the western blot to be extremely accurate. Yet this man insists it is wrong. Could this be?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#69463 - 08/18/03 08:48 AM

Not likely that the Western Blot would also be wrong. It's not even run unless the ELISA is positive, so he's really had two different type of tests run and both are positive.

Basquo
Unregistered

#69464 - 08/18/03 08:56 AM

If you live in the U.S., and if the doctor showed you your ex's results, your husband's privacy has been violated. I know it may not make sense but I deal with this new law everyday I am at work. I just want you to be careful, so you don't get slapped with a federal fine or a civil lawsuit. I think the poster suggesting you call the local health authority has the right idea. They will protect your identity and notify anyone who may be endangered by this man.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#69467 - 08/18/03 01:48 PM

Your husband is absolutely correct in saying that a flu shot may register a false positive on the ELISA. The whole scam with HIV testing, is that there is no Gold Standard to testing itself. In fact, the Western Blot Test which is used to confirm positive ELISA results in the USA is banned in the UK. In the UK, the test is said to be non-specific. Here, it is said to be more specific than the ELISA. And in Africa, it's a free for all. No test at all is required to diangose AIDS cases. In fact, they have an entirely different definition for AIDS than we do in the Western World. One could very well test positive in New York, board a plan to Sydney, test again, and be deemed negative. Tests vary from lab to lab and from technician to technician. I find the most insightful statement from your post that you have been sleeping with your husband for three years and haven't turned up positive yourself. This seems to validate once again the true outcome of the Padian Studies.

For more information go to:

virusmyth.com
aidsmyth.com
aliveandwell.org

Be well.

idiot detector
Unregistered

#69490 - 08/18/03 06:18 PM

Here we go again. B***s**t clutters up the forum where others are trying to help. CENSOR!! oh where are you? We need your help!!

Kimb
Unregistered

#69532 - 08/19/03 11:47 AM

It is not likely it is a false positive when 2 concurrent tests show positive. The WB is extremely accurate when used in conjuction with a positive ELISA. Unfortunately your ex has HIV it sounds like. Please disregard the above post on the test being wrong there are some people that do not think AIDS even exists and those people are clueless.

All you can do is talk to your ex and convince him that his tests are not wrong, and he is committing a crime and can be charged with attempted murder in some states for knowinlgly exposing somebody to the virus. Not sure what state you are in but NY and SD have recently prosecuted HIV carriers that did not inform their partners of their status.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#69818 - 08/22/03 10:23 AM

Please disregard the above text totally, as the poster chooses to claim that HIV exists without any scientific peer-reviewed evidence. She/he will rely totally on your fear of death/illness and will most likely refer to name-calling when trying to respond to any information which does not support the widely popular orthodox HIV/AIDS paridigm. She/he claims AIDS Dissident Scientists are clueless, yet she/he offers no scientific evidence to comfirm her/his claim.

If you want complete information concerning the unreliability of both HIV Science in general, or the faulty HIV antibody test itself, go to:

www.virusmyth.com

All of the research at the site is accredited to the work of well credentialed scientists and medical doctors in the field.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#69829 - 08/22/03 02:39 PM

Get a clue, HIV and AIDS does exist and will you please post your aids is a myth garbage on another board.

You are pretty dumb to think that scientific data does not prive it's existence. You will be thinking otherwise when you catch it.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2868

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3