Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Billydlove
New User

Reged: 08/30/14
Nutrition and suppliment support
      #277880 - 08/30/14 08:24 PM

Does anyone know of any place for HIV + people to get financial support with vitamins and supplements? In the book Built to Survive the organization Father's Saints Nutrient Study is mentioned but the phone number is no longer valid. Anyone know anything of this study? I am beginning to up my vitamin intake.

Edited by Billydlove (09/02/14 11:17 PM)

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
anotherday
Regular

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
Re: Nutrition and suppliment support new
      #277939 - 09/06/14 10:17 AM

Check with your ID doctor first to see what vitamins you require and then check there for assistance. It will vary from area to area, I had prescriptions from my doctor but pharmacist said I had to pay over the counter prices as they were not covered under my benefit plan!

So depending where your at or what insurance/benefit program you have, it's something to research!

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

riverprincessModerator
Veteran

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #278064 - 09/17/14 08:51 AM

There is a web site www.exactcarepharmacy.com .This company not only deliveres my Hiv meds but includes my multivitamin that my dr prescribed. If they don't have one in your area perhaps you could encourage them to start one up where everyone goes to be tested and treated.

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

jinni73
New User

Reged: 10/14/14
      #278466 - 10/14/14 04:33 AM

HI billy I've been studying naturopathy for about a year now and you might want to research the fact you can only get vitamins from live food not from a pill, hence the name vita meaning life or live, The liver recognises the toxicity of the pills and does not let this into our bodies also any additives or anti-caking agents stop pills working as well.
the pharmaceutical industry is a derivative of the petroleum industry and most drugs are made from coal tar or crude oil,
the people that own these companies are not pleasant people at all and couldn't give a monkeys about you or I.

Edited by jinni73 (10/14/14 04:35 AM)

jlkint
New User

Reged: 09/30/14
      #278518 - 10/16/14 03:51 PM

I'm not sure I agree with you jinni73 about our body ( liver) does not let us absorb vitamins. I am not an expert nor have I studied this, like you have, but I do take vitamins and herbs and I feel that they have helped me tremendously with my HIV . I have been taking the same ones for 23 years and during this time , I have stopped them for several months and my t-cells seemed to drop and when I re-started them, my t-cells went back up ...(Coincidence maybe, but it works for me whatever the reason)
We are all entitled to our opinion though, but I'm sticking with my vitamin and herb regimen.
Have a wonderful day and welcome.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 956

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3