Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
anotherday

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
Think tank ....
      #277805 - 08/21/14 08:54 PM

Okay so ALS has cornered the market on fund rasing with the "Ice Bucket Challenge" ... time to put your thinking caps on and come up with something for HIV/AIDS! Sure we have annual walks and fund raise on a local level that way. Imagine a huge viral internet campaign to bring awareness, research funds and eliminate stigmas!

Some restaurant chains have special fund raiser days where a dollar from every coffee, burger or ice cream cone goes to a charity on a certain day!

It's time HIV/AIDS had it's say, on a viral internet level ... with celebrities, politicians and everyday people challenging each other for this great cause! Not some "oh so sad we have HIV" event, something that shows we are alive, living and having fun!

Every year Eltom John hosts a gala, but that's limited to the celebrites who are there mostly for the photo-op ... what about something for the everyday folks???

Let's use this forum as our think tank ... to come up with some awesome, fundraising, awareness campaign. Take the idea to your local HIV resource centres ...

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Ninjawife

Reged: 07/29/13
Re: Think tank .... new
      #278222 - 09/28/14 06:51 PM

I've been thinking about this very thing ever since the ALS thing went so nuts. I think it is sad that, just when a cure may be near, the voice for HIV research has quieted down to a whisper. I get asked every time I'm buying something at Walgreens if I want to donate to research for this or that disease. I've started taking their survey's every time I am asked for an opinion and I request that the stores add HIV research to their fund raising efforts. Maybe if more people across the country start speaking up for this it will happen.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 508

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3