Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
discreetwhitney2

Reged: 04/02/14
switched medication from complara to truvada/isentress while pregnant concerned
      #277706 - 08/15/14 07:13 PM

hello everyone I am 4 months pregnant and I lost my medication I was taking complara and can't get a refill for six days so my doc put me on truvada/isentress I'm just concerned cause I am pregnant and don't want anything to happen to my baby my doc said it will be fine to take until I get my complara back I just wanna know can it harm my baby as I read on the internet that a pregnant woman is not supposed to take truvada while pregnant can someone help me out a little bit I'm just really scared it will harm the baby the for all your help

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
iam1
Fanatic

Reged: 06/17/09
Loc: Georgia
Re: switched medication from complara to truvada/isentress while pregnant concerned new
      #277737 - 08/17/14 01:27 PM

In very few words - trust your doctor!

While there haven't been huge studies done on pregnant mothers taking Truvada, the few studies that have been done don't show a risk to the baby.

I don't know where people get their "information", but when it involves anything and the internet there is bound to a story to tell you that your worst nightmare is actually a happy dream.

DON'T LISTEN TO INTERNET IDIOTS!

You've obviously discussed this with your doctor. Trust what your doctor has to say about the subject. Realize that there aren't going to be piles of data involving every aspect of pregnancy while HIV+. But, you're not the first. You won't be the last.

In our district we had 3 HIV+ women become pregnant last year. All of them were under the care of a doctor. They took meds as prescribed. None of the babies is HIV+. But, all the babies appear to be doing well.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 330

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3