The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
New User

Reged: 08/01/13
Posts: 12
Need help with College.
      #277351 - 07/26/14 01:43 AM

I was diagnosed with HIV a year ago on the 31st. I have decided that I want to help those who have no one. I want to go back to college and get a degree in social work. I can't afford tuition and desperately need funds. So I was diagnosed with a CD4 of 5. I have fought diligently to maintain my health. I am now with a CD4 of 233 and I have my yearly checkup August 6. If you know of scholarships or grants that I can apply for. I would appreciate any information. I want to dedicate my life to helping those like me... I just need the funds to get there.

7/31 CD4- 5 VL 410,000
8/19 started ART

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  

Reged: 03/10/11
Posts: 1345
Re: Need help with College. new
      #277354 - 07/26/14 11:17 AM

Here's a link to the US government's page with information about student loans and applying for federal educational grants.

I got my degree in Human Services Management (Social Work) via a combination of student loans and federal grants. Good Luck!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
New User

Reged: 08/27/14
Posts: 3
Re: Need help with College. new
      #277848 - 08/27/14 12:09 PM

Helpful link, thanks!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, gigi, riverprincess 

      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 956

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3