Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Trav

Reged: 07/24/12
Loc: CA, USA
I'm back I think.
      #276806 - 06/23/14 02:19 PM

It's been over a year since I've been here yet alone posted anything. I came here when I was first diagnosed just about two years ago and it seem a lot of what I was experiencing was negative feedback from long term survivors I was being told "get over it" or "it's not that big of a deal" that's how some the responses were coming from this support group and I was already have a difficult time with the doctors I was seeing at the time. I felt like no one was really listening but I digress.
Things honestly have gotten that much better but my health is improving after being hospitalized because the disease progressed to AIDS. I won't go in to much further detail but if they're are other people out there who are looking to vent and express how you feel about this disease message me.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
Re: I'm back I think. new
      #276811 - 06/23/14 09:10 PM

Hey Trav, I'm sorry that the feedback that you recieved when you were first diagnosed upset you. I'm sure it wasn't meant to. I believe those of us that have been pos for a very long time hve just gotten so adjustd" to it all that w tend to forget what it as like beng a newbie. e've just realized that after all these years it has become a type of normal to live with. I know its all still new o you and so it's difficult to understand. We're not dismissig it , we just have put it into lifes catagory. So again I apologize , from all us. Pleasedon't be a stranger. You would be a great asset to others that are going through the same stage as you.

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

lilfshrmn

Reged: 03/07/13
Loc: SE US
      #276824 - 06/24/14 11:52 AM

Many similarities here. Initially I was overwhelmed with OIs. The meds, while hard to take sometimes, have restored me to a minimally functional person. AIDs at diagnosis robbed me of the living with HIV thing. The words of support and encouragement found here got me through the early days of comprehending what I was going though. Hang in there and know you are not alone.

anotherday

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
      #276829 - 06/24/14 05:01 PM

I think three of the worst words one can say to another individual is "get over it" ... when someone is feeling emotions, weakness or strength, talk it out. Share feelings and ideas to strengthen the situation and understanding. One can never honestly "get over" anything, it becomes a thread of your human tapestry ... the picture of you the human. Every error, every triumph, every encounter builds us a person and to "get over it" would be a loss of character.

Trav I want to hear your story, walk with you on your journey ... as each one of us learns from each other how to be more stronger, colourful, entertaining ...

That is what this forum is for, sharing our journey and to know we are not alone! Welcome back Trav, and to those reading but concerned about posting ... take the step, your journey is important to all of us too!

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

Trav

Reged: 07/24/12
Loc: CA, USA
      #276862 - 06/25/14 09:53 PM

Hello thank you for responding to my post and you said you wanted to hear my story. Where do you want me to start?

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #276864 - 06/26/14 08:49 AM

Whereever you want.

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

1special1

Reged: 04/19/14
      #276900 - 06/29/14 03:43 AM

Trav we are all glad that you came back and giving the site a second chance. Even though I've been poz for 15.5 years, I still have those days. The days are not as frequent as they use to be which has become a relief but you are not alone here. We welcome you here and would love for you to tell us your story and journey. Welcome back and stay blessed.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 509

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3