Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Ninjawife
New User

Reged: 07/29/13
Just a bump in the road
      #275807 - 03/27/14 10:28 PM

So I'd like to think I've been strong tdhrough the last year. I pulled my husband through when the doctors didn't think he would make it, I pushed away the worry when my doctor told me I had HIV too. I kept it together and things are getting better. My husband is improving every day, his memory is starting to come back and his cognitive skills are improving.

But we got hit this week with a surprise. I've got the beginnings of cervical cancer. I'll admit I am scared. We can't seen to find any information on how my HIV will affect this or the best way to treat it. I'm trying to get my ob/gyn and my HIV doc to agree on a course of action. I can't let this take me out of commission. We depend on my job for health insurance and our only income. Social security doesn't seem to think losing your memory and cognitive skills is disabling enough to qualify us for help.

We've both tried to research and the most we've found is that money know for sure. Doe anyone have experience with cervical cancer and HIV or a good source for information? I'm trying to stay strong for my family but it's hard when I don't know how to fix this.

Edited by Ninjawife (03/27/14 10:30 PM)

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
riverprincessModerator
Veteran

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
Re: Just a bump in the road new
      #275809 - 03/28/14 12:16 PM

My heart definitly goes out to you. But keep that strength going. If your a believer of God and His Son , give it to Him. He will give you the strength you need. I will see what I can find out also and share with you what I find. You are a stong woman . And with God's added strength , you will prevail. I will be keeping you in my prayers. Some bumps seem like speed bumps , but they are bumps just the same.

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

anotherday
Regular

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
      #275813 - 03/28/14 09:32 PM

Ninja, I have seen your strength, your faith ... I know this is just a little bump in the road. One of those little reminders that we are human and we are on this journey together. My thoughts and prayers are always with you and your husband, stay strong and feel free to just come on here and vent anytime you need to!

Keeping the lines of communication open between your medical team is crucial, and they WILL find out how to deal with this. Trust in them, trust in the powers that be, and trust your inner feelings to guide you. We are all here with you Ninja ...

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

iam1
Regular

Reged: 06/17/09
Loc: Georgia
      #275866 - 04/02/14 02:10 PM

I haven't seen any posts regarding cervical cancer in HIV+ individuals, but there has been more than one report on people with other types of cancer. Look to those for the beginning of guidance. You can than look to specific reports regarding cervical cancer in the general population and discuss them together with your doctor. If the HIV is under control I wouldn't imagine there'd be too much difference if any for a person with HIV.

All I can say is good luck with the treatment. But, that never seems like enough. Please keep us up to date as you can.

As for your husband's disability - SSDI is getting more difficult to obtain. Persevere! Be sure to get doctor statements to be included. From more than one doctor if possible. It's common for people to be turned down 2, 3, or more times before finally getting approved. No matter how bad off they appear to be.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1145

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3