Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
mark4586lopez

Reged: 08/31/13
TRAVEL OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY new
      #275674 - 03/14/14 01:05 PM

Does anybody here had problem travelling outside their countries with their meds on hand carry bag? Eg: immigration inspects and asks what's that meds for or never been allowed to go out or enter another countries because of meds carried, etc etc etc. We're planning to travel parts of Asia this year and I'm a bit worried that immigration might not let me in or question me, or place on hold since the friends that I'm going with aren't aware that I am HIV+?

Never have travelled outside the country since I was diagnosed so just wanna know. And should be meds put in hand carried bag or checked in luggage? Thank you.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
Re: TRAVEL OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY new
      #275679 - 03/14/14 05:12 PM

I really can't say for sure but you may need to have documentaion from your dr. And I don't know how well your are going to be able to keep this a secrect unless you check in at a different location or different time.Perhaps others here can give you more advise than I can. After all your not the first to do air travel with meds. So lets see what other responses you get.

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

mark4586lopez

Reged: 08/31/13
      #275686 - 03/14/14 09:07 PM

Especially also during scan of baggage. I've travelled locally and during scan of baggage at the airport, I wasn't asked about the bottle of meds I'm carrying. Not sure if they saw it in scan or not. But I don't know how it goes if it's international travel from and to the airport your arriving.

Thinking also of transferring meds to a different medicine box /medicine container instead of carrying the original bottles, but I don't know. Like if it's not in the original bottle, they might think that it's an illegal drugs. Things like those.

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #275692 - 03/15/14 09:03 AM

Definitly keep in oroginal containers , and carry med box along with. Get a letter from your dr . And possibly call air port and ask them. Cover all your bases. And have a wonderful trip . Just remember, refrain from foreign sex partners.

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
      #275693 - 03/15/14 09:22 AM

This website may answer some of your questions.

http://www.hivtravel.org

iam1
Fanatic

Reged: 06/17/09
Loc: Georgia
Re: TRAVEL OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY
      #275741 - 03/19/14 01:44 AM

Just a note here.

Whenever you travel you should ALWAYS carry your meds with you in carry-on luggage as opposed to checked luggage. National or international. You never know if your luggage is going to make it to your destination with you, and you don't want to be missing doses. This goes for everybody taking any meds.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1194

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3