Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
PushGemini

Reged: 12/22/13
Breakdown in Public....holding it together
      #275644 - 03/10/14 06:42 PM

Good day...
I have been positive since Aug 2013.. I have not made my mind up about taking meds... Viral loads was 66,000....3months later 44,000....2 months later 17,000 ...just tested again 3/10 and its at 19,000... I broke down, crying to myself and God as I walk the streets...my Tcells is 758...I broke down because I was excited that loads were decreasing on its own....I was expecting to be made in the hundreds.. ..so it spiked 2,000 or so....I still dont want to be pressured to take meds...If u could give me some advice I would really appreciate it.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
Re: Breakdown in Public....holding it together new
      #275655 - 03/11/14 11:38 AM

First I must say , going to God is the best thing you did. Please no bashing from non-believers. With that said , it's really up to you with how you feel in regards to meds. I've heard drs say that taking meds will reduce any inflamation the virus does to your organs. Others may say it's ok to wait ,to see what your t-cells are going to do. When I first was diagnosed , 20 some years ago , I was rightfully scared to take the meds. But nowadays these meds can bring your VL down to undetectable in no time at all. Keep in mind all meds give some sort of side effects. Some folk react more than others. With all that said, your probably still wondering what to do? Lets go back to God on this. Pray about it , with all sincere belief, and just wait for the answer. Don't try to rush the answer, it will become apparent at the right moment.

PushGemini

Reged: 12/22/13
      #275659 - 03/11/14 07:23 PM

Thank u riverprincess....I appreciate your advice. I prayed now I must wait...

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #275681 - 03/14/14 05:26 PM

Don't stop praying. Each day give it to God , and listen for the small still voice or the many other ways he sends his messages to us. You will know what to do when the cross roads come, and thats if they come.

Radhak

Reged: 06/13/14
      #276668 - 06/13/14 12:59 AM

My personal expierence is this: I was diagnosed in 1994. After seeing the effects of the medicine on several people i decided that i would never take meds. I am very happy that i made that choice because i have not had any hiv related health issues to speak of. Again, this is my personal choice. Some people feel the opposite. Im not knocking those who decide to take meds.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 497

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3