Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
heart

Reged: 09/01/12
Loc: united states
Just a Thought:
      #275540 - 03/02/14 11:34 AM

Good Morning, I don't usually begin my post; however just felt like this post may be for someone out there contemplating how their day will begin.
Let's all be on the same page; in that Hiv/Aids doesnt need to control your life to the point that you do not make decisions, enjoy life, share a smile/laughter, because hiv is the first and foremost part of your day. Instead, think about a beautiful rose, the fragrance of the sweet smelling, and the rose I chose for you is perfect in everyway....and as you begin to fully see the Rose's beauty..awwe the thorns! Yea, thorns are a bit painful, actually quite a barrier sometimes,..you can keep staring at the thorn so long..check out the size, the shape of the thorns, how many thorn...that you almost forget where the gorgeous beauty truly is found. Focus on the rose....Life can be just like the blossoms and the thorns...lots of pain from the thorns, especially if they dig deep into us but oh if we take our gaze to the sweet things in life, the health we actually do have, the ability to rise in the morning, to hear a bird singing its song, to hear the laughter, to hold the hands of an elderly(their skin returns almost to the delicate baby skin)..You are just like that Rose...you are beautiful, within you is a very special person, and so many have proven that just by reading your blogs...I love how Anotherday and Riverprincess approach their days...as we all should/ no matter poz/neg. See the beauty..its within you..and thorns can always be dealt with but keep focusing on "Who You Are!" Hiv may live within the compound of your bloodstream...but it should never define YOUR beauty.
Live Loved! You are loved by so many! They see the beauty.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
anotherday

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
Re: Just a Thought: new
      #275541 - 03/02/14 12:29 PM

Thank you heart ... what a wonderful way to start my Sunday, reading your post. Inspiring and enlightening, you have set focus for my journey ahead, beautiful!

It reminds me of the small blade of grass, growin up between the crack in the pavement. It's struggles, it's determination to reach out from the heavy burden of the concrete to let the passer by know that it is there, that no matter how plain and grey the concrete world is around us, there is still a glimmer of life and hope and beauty buried within!

HIV does not define a person, just as much as the new BMW in the driveway, the jet boat at the lake house, the high paying executive job defines us ... it's how we see the world and appreciate the world and the people that we share our human experience with, that is what defines us!

"Be the reason someone smiles today" ... thank you heart, you made me smile!

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #275552 - 03/03/14 09:22 AM

Thanks to both of you. I definitly needed to read that. Sometimes , after adressing the frantic postings, and giving responses, I find myself getting pulled into the overflow of dispair. So thanks for the reminders. Plus I am hoping that some folks will join the moderator list here. I tried getting in touch with Bartley but haven't heard back. I think I need to ask Kicker how it is done. Would you both consider joining on board here?

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

Scoota

Reged: 03/13/14
      #275669 - 03/13/14 06:51 PM

wow..that was just awesome. That is how I look at myself..I don't let me being positive define me at all. It is not me at all..I just as wonderful, beautiful as the next women. I think of being positive as having a thorn on my side..as in the bible..not going now where..I still have to take care of myself, and still live my life..can't let my thorn (HIV) stop me from living..I have to thank God for everything even my thorn..for it made me a better person..I know to some that is kind of crazy..but it made me look at life a little better. Thank you Heart for a wonderful post.

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #275682 - 03/14/14 05:36 PM

Scoota, your way of seeing the thorn isn't crazy at all.It'se all a matter of perspectives and beliefs. When I teel people of the blessings that actually came from being pos , some folks look at me as if I'm nuts. But you see , they just haven't experienced the transition that God can bring from it all. For me , not only has Hiv become a tool for Good but the whole broken road that has lead me to Him is now something that equips me to reach out in ways that others can't. My past and my Hiv nor does my HepC define who I am. Being a child of the most High God defines my life and will define my eternity. If I could do my life over would I make changes, well its both yes and no .

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1744

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3