HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
cm82391
Regular

Reged: 03/08/12
Loc: Reno NV
Major Help is needed here.
      #275254 - 02/04/14 02:25 AM

Haven't posted in FOREVER, but I really need advice on this one.

I recently lost my insurance and had my Ryan White meeting this morning. When I told her she basically told me I needed to apply for the Affordable Health Care Act nonsense that says its not going to pay for anything other than non-generic drugs anyway.

The Ryan White program says its only available as a last resort. I'm being thrown through every loop there is. Do I pay for insurance that isn't going to help? I'm not able to pick up any of my meds and I only have 4 days left of medicine. She is going to process my application either way, but I'm worried I won't be approved.

Has this happened to anyone else?!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
Re: Major Help is needed here. new
      #275307 - 02/07/14 09:35 AM

Have you looked into ADDP ( Aids Distribution Drug Program) .

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

jimwhoski

Reged: 05/25/13
      #275389 - 02/11/14 08:40 PM

Hello cm82391, use the following link I'm providing to help you get the help you need w/ meds.

http://www.pparx.org/en/prescription_assistance_programs/list_of_participating_programs

When you open it scroll down to your state, Nevada, and click on the following:

Nevada AIDS Drugs Assistance Program
The ADAP can help pay for all or part of your HIV medications if you meet the program requirements.

It will give you all the contact info you need. Also if the insurance you lost was from work you can get continuation coverage as described in this link:

http://cobrahealthinsurance.com/Resource/Nevada_Cobra_Health_Insurance.html

This link has all the info on help that Nevada offers including the 2 I mentioned above.

http://www.health.nv.gov/HIVCarePrevention.htm

Good luck on getting the help you deserve and need. Get yourself a good case worker, they all should know what is out there for us. We're special like that.

Daddy_Bearby

Reged: 07/29/09
Loc: Alabama
      #275391 - 02/12/14 01:11 AM

Until either source mentioned by Jim W begins you might want to get in touch with the local Aids Service Organization to get meds to tide you over until one or the other begins.

iam1
Fanatic

Reged: 06/17/09
Loc: Georgia
      #275406 - 02/13/14 02:48 AM

And, every HIV clinic I've seen has at least one case worker. An overworked, under appreciated person who does their best to try o ensure everybody is associated with the best medication program available amongst other duties.

Our case workers have toiled tirelessly getting people help with covering the cost of meds. Including writing directly to the pharmaceutical companies to get the meds at reduced cost or free. When a client is between programs.

I realize it may be too late for you directly, but these questions and answers are re-read for months to come. Someone else may have the same issue. To them (and to you) I say check with your clinic and see if they have someone there who can help. I can't believe you're the first person with this problem. And, you won't be the last....

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #275420 - 02/13/14 03:10 PM

Try looking into the POZ web site They seem to have a list of programs and where you can get help with meds.

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1550

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3