Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Ninjawife

Reged: 07/29/13
checking in
      #274712 - 01/08/14 09:53 PM

This last July I felt like HIV had stolen my happily ever after. I'd been married a month, my husband was an invalid in the hospital, our bills were out of control and I had to figure out how to deal with the news that my husband was positive and had given it to me. It felt like my life was caving in just when it was supposed to be taking off.

I won't say the last six months have been a cake walk, they've been the hardest I have ever known. HIV has held some nasty surprises for us, like the severe memory loss my husband is currently dealing with. I was diagnosed with type a influenza over the holidays and it terrified me to think of fighting off this virus with no immune system.

Is it strange to think that these have been the most rewarding months of my life? I've found strength that I never realized I had. My husband and I fall more in love every day. My eyes have been opened to a need in my community that had been hidden from me until now. I wish HIV didn't exist, but I've realized that it is not the end of the world, in fact it has opened new doors for me.

2013 was a hard year, but it gave me so much that I can use to make 2014 better for my family, my friends, and my community.

Happily ever after is sure a lot different from how the fairy tales made it out to be, but I'll take it.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
anotherday

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
Re: checking in new
      #274713 - 01/08/14 10:00 PM

Ninja, it is so wonderful to hear how things are working out for you! I so remember your original visit and post, how terrified. You are a very strong person and your husband too. This is just HIV, in our own creative ways we learn to deal with it, understand it, accept it and never let it live our lives!

Happy Happy Happy New year to you and your husband and continued success. That happily ever after was just waiting for you to start living it! Maybe Disney could take some notes that fairy tales come in many different ways!

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
Re: checking in new
      #274900 - 01/21/14 07:06 PM

I am sooo glad that your seeing how things can not only turn around but also that blessing can come in the strangest wrapping paper. I always like to see the New Year as a new beginning to life changes. Sure there are always some bumps in the road. Even some pot holes but it's all about how we face the challenges. We can try to run but thats like trying to out run a bear, or we can face it head on like how eagles fly into a wind storm . May your love with your husband be filled with wonderful memories . These are what we look back on as w keep looking forward. Truly happy for you. Gods blessing now and ever more my friend.

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1539

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3