Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
Holidays , some happy some not
      #274581 - 12/27/13 07:13 PM

It's actually taken me many years to accept and deal with this holiday.I've struggled with how the world expected we all should be. And it wasn't untill 22 years ago that I finally saw the truth of what it is all about. Now I do see the blessings , not by the "worlds standards ", by by the birth of the Sons standards. It has made quite a difference in my heart. But this year my spirit was becoming very distraught to the point of heartbreak. And it was still caused by " the world" but this time it was about the brokeness of families, the deaths of children being massacured, the violence that seems to be coming worse and worse. I cried in my car, in the supermarket. at home. Then I was reminded that was why we needed this ' holiday" It is only through the birth of Jesus that we can survive in the state this world is in. And I had to thank Him for the reminder so I could be at peace again.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
anotherday

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
Re: Holidays , some happy some not new
      #274585 - 12/28/13 11:56 AM

Whatever the true meaning of Christmas is for people around the world, one has to remember to embrace the enthusiasm, the delight and joy, the giving and forgiving and carry that with them throughout the year. A time of reflection on the past year and plans to make the coming years better.

To pray for those troubled souls that have turmoil in their lives and the many lives they effect and cause turmoil to. The people who's troubles and anguish have brought them to the brink and caused them to snap out at the world around them.

Now with media and internet basically the touch of a button away, we are all faced wtih seeing terror face to face. What would seem to be a million miles away can now be right in our own living rooms. School shootings, terrorist bombings, family violence ... media hypes it for their ratings, sensationalising it to capture the viewers interests in a way that almost makes it like a tv movie, that it couldn't be real!

It's important at this time of year to feel the joy of the season, the enlightenment, the giving and sharing and take this message out year round. Make it our own personal philosophy on life. Christmas should never be one day of the year! I always like to reference that "mirror", start there, look in the mirror and see what I can do to start to better the world around me, and if even half of the population of the world did that each morning, imagine the good that is possible!

We need to pray for hope on the people that hold the gun, that plan the bombs, that raise their hand in dispute. Pray for their troubled souls that maybe they will find some inner peace. That they too can look into a mirror one morning and know they can make a change for good, not by saying they will change the world by hurting others!

We can only hope that our little pebble that we throw into the world can cause a rippling effect that will turn into a tsunami of good, embracing everyone it touches. Send emails to our local medias to tell us some good stories, write our local papers to start a "roses column" where everyone can send a virtual bouquet of roses to someone who's done some good to you or the community. Buy the person in line behind you at the drive thru their coffee ... bring a smile to the world!

It can all start with that mirror, and every person in the world has access to one, make good use of it! Those that believe in prayer, pray, those that believe in wishes, wish, those that believe in Santa Claus, Believe ... and know that the joy of Christmas NEEDS to be everyday, not just December 25! Take your favourite Christmas ornament and hang it up in your house year round, just to remind you, maybe hang it up beside the mirror!

Finally I will share a favourite song of mine that helps relate to moments like this, helps give me focus to reach out and lend a hand (as little as it might be in the world, but still, a hand). Google search a song by a country performer named Tommy Shane Steiner, he has a song called "What If She's An Angel" ... it sums up nicely what we should be doing as people who share this little speck of spinning dirt in space!

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

riverprincessModerator

#274594 - 12/29/13 09:15 AM

Here is a story/poem that I hold deep in my heart and do my best to live by.....................

ARE YOU WILLING..........
to stoop down and consider the needs and desires of little children;
to remember the weakness and lonliness of people who are growing old;
to stop asking how much your friends love you, and to ask yourself whether you love them enough;
to bear in mind the things that other people have to bear in their hearts;
to trim your lamp so that it will give more light and less smoke and to carry it in front so that your shadow will fall behind you:
to make a grave for your ugly thoughts and a garden for your kindly feelings with the gate left open?
Are you willing to do these things for a day? Then you are ready to keep Christmas !

written by...Henry Van Dyke

anotherday

#274596 - 12/29/13 11:59 AM

River, that is fantastic ... that is it! Keep the spirit of Christmas in our hearts all year long and take the time for others. Kind words, a hug, a hand shake sometimes just an acknowledgement that some one exists ... can change the world!

It surprises me that a year ago I never had these emotions, it took HIV to change things, open my eyes. Maybe HIV came to me as the "Ghost of Christmas Future" (like the Scrooge story), but I want to help now, I might not be able to change the world but I want to help the best I can.

I am going to save that poem in my journal river, thank you, it's an amazing inspiration!

--------------------

mark4586lopez

Reged: 08/31/13
      #274617 - 01/01/14 08:36 AM

Like both the song and the poem.

Happy Holidays!!!

And Happy New Years from the Philippines.

Cheers to 2014. Cheers to a good life ahead.

riverprincessModerator

#274640 - 01/03/14 03:51 PM

Heres another story for you anotherday . It's a bit long but well worth it. Hope you enjoy it................................

The Station by Robert Hastings

Tucked away in our subsoncious is an idyllic vision. We see ourselves on a long trip that spans the continent. We are traveling by train. Out the windows we drink in the passing scene of cars on nearby highways, of children waving at a crossing, of cattle grazing on a distant hillside, of mountains and rolling hillsides, of city skylines and village halls.
But uppermost in our minds is the final destination. On a certain day , at a certain hour, we will pull into the station. Bands will be playing and flags waving. Once we get there so many wonderful dreams will come true and the pieces of our lives will fit together like a completed jigsaw puzzle. How restlessly we pace the aisles damning the minutes for loitering- waiting, waiting, waiting for the station.
"When we reach the station, that will be it !" we cry. "When I'm 18", " When I buy a new 450SL Mercedes Benz !" " When I put the last kid through college," "When I have paid off the morgage," " When I get a promotion!" When I reach the age of retirement, I shall live happily ever after !"
Sooner or later we must realize there is no station, no one place to arrive at once and for all. The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us.
" Relish the moment" is a good motto, especially when coupled with Psalm 118:24 " For this is the day which the Lord hath made, rejoice and be glad in it."
It isn't the burdens of today that drive men mad, it is the regrets over yesterdays and the fear of tomorrows.
So, stop pacing the aisles and counting the miles. Instead, climb more mountains, eat more ice cream, go barefoof more often, swim more rivers, watch more sunsets, laugh more, cry less . Life must be lived as we go along. The statiion will come soon enough.

heart

Reged: 09/01/12
Loc: united states
      #274643 - 01/03/14 07:15 PM

I really liked this RiverPrincess, I lost my mom two years ago this month. It was so tough for me; however, a lesson I have learned is to know that we have today..and we need to enjoy today..we can't have this day back. I am trying to begin my day with that in my thoughts. Often we spend so much of our time, busy and don't take time for friends and family.
I love the scripture you used in this post;;;this is the day the Lord has made..rejoice!
As you mentioned in another post; there are so many crazy things going on in this world...we can truly become discouraged. However, if we appreciate the little things in life we can have joy...unspeakable joy!
I am very appreciative for the friendships made here...Your words here can make a difference in someone elses life...let's focus on lifting the spirits, have patience with the broken hearted, and share our kindness with everyone that walks on our path and crosses our path.

anotherday

#274686 - 01/07/14 02:34 PM

Hi heart and Happy New Year ... my thoughts, prayers and best wishes are always with my family and friends here and in my community. I like the thought of the moment, living for today, appreciating the day. I do that all too often now, it really sets peace of mind.

I recently was fortunate to watch an Oprah Life Class interview (yes I watch Oprah and she's awesome), but she had as a guest Tina Turner, and of course we know the life Tina had ... a true survivor! Well she summed things up wonderfully in how to find inner peace and that is to not want! In a world where materialism is running our lives, taking priority of what is important is really the foundation for a happy existance. Have a home, have a good vehicle to get you from home to work and back again, have a circle of people who love and respect and care for you ... is there really anything more we need! Sure it 's nice to have "nice things" but we make the nice things out of what we have, might not be the biggest shiniest newest but if it's yours, that's all that matters!

Knowing you are there to enjoy it within your day, is the important part. I had fun today as it was my check-up day and my medical team, love them to death they are awesome, they both come and stood beside me to tell me about a "blip" in my viral load, now for me a "blip" would be shooting me back up to where all this began, vl of 500,000 or something. No, it went up 100 since last test, taking me out of undetectable briefly, but still just a "blip", they were so worried how I was going to react. I was already having an amazing day just getting to visit with them since last fall again, a "blip" is not going to ruin my day! Once they realised that, we all had a good laugh and the day went on.

I was told once by a Christian friend along time ago, God will care for you if you care about yourself ... live within your means, love your family friends and fellow humans, enjoy what God has made available around you! It's appreciating those little things ... and yes, it gives unspeakable joy!

--------------------

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2507

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3