Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
Boddy Reunion
      #274554 - 12/25/13 11:52 AM

I just scrolled down the list of folks that have come to this site over the years. And I just thought how nice it would be to hear from folks that had stopped by over the many years that TheBody has been active.I know there will be some hardships but I also believe that tere are even more blessing to hear about. And in order to do this I'm hoping that some of you folks will help me in contacting folks from the VERY long list of people . Anyone interested please post here and I will get in touch with you. .......Remember with a New Year comes New Hopes and Dreams to come true. LOve and hugs to all .

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
anotherday

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
Re: Boddy Reunion new
      #274565 - 12/26/13 02:54 PM

I agree 100% river, it would be nice to hear from people who's sign up information dates back more than 10 years. To hear stories of achievement, encouragment and journies.

I know I am coming up to one year with HIV and what a year, I just had the best Christmas I have ever had, and it's not over, I have many plans for the next few days ahead right into the New Year ... plus a few days of work tossed in just for reality sake! It still is a journey, and it's my journey, I am carving it out of the wilderness of being diagnosed, being alive, being human!

Come on people share your stories, even if it's a new recipe you found ... let's just let everyone know we are here and we are together on an amazing journey!

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

heart

Reged: 09/01/12
Loc: united states
      #274572 - 12/27/13 07:48 AM

Hi River/Anotherday I came here a little over a year ago. I felt so alone especially with no understanding of what HIV/AIDS actually meant for our lives. I basically had only the voice of stigma, voice of uneducated, and the voice of uncertainty, until I met you here on The Body. The Body provided opportunities for education, certainty, and a blessing. We are doing great...we have the support of a wonderful medical team (which is very important) don't settle until you find a great team. We have support from our friends here at The Body. Thank you for always encouraging, for always caring for those that feel afraid and alone. Thanks for never making judgements against those who lack knowledge about HIV and preparing yourselves to answer even the silliest questions. Happy Holidays!

Ninjawife

Reged: 07/29/13
      #274575 - 12/27/13 03:46 PM

The wonderful folks at the clinic pointed me here and you all have been a godsend! My husband and I just celebrated our first married Christmas together with the news that we are both undetectable! There is so much about this disease that we didn't know about and a few things (like the memory problems) that caught us of guard. Today I am celebrating my 43rd birthday and I know I don't have a death sentence hanging over my head like some people believe. My husband and I promised each other a long and happy life together and it is starting to look like we are going to have that.

We both believe that we are dealing with this so that we can help others understand and deal with the same thing. Someday we won't have to hide our condition in the shadows, someday we will be able to be open about HIV without fear. And I firmly believe that someday there will be a cure!

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #274579 - 12/27/13 07:01 PM

It is wonderful to hear from you folks. To share stories of life being pos, or should I say thepositive side of positive is also for those that are just recently diagnosed. And that emotional part can take a few years till we become comfortable with ourselves again . But lets not forget those that have many struggles. Whether its with medication, reactions from friends or family, work situations and more that I'm notthinking to list. There are many struggles that we are either going through or gone through . To share any aspect can be a great help to another. So feel free to share however you want. Every person in every way matters.

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1249

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3