Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
lilfshrmn

Reged: 03/07/13
Loc: SE US
One year post diagnosis
      #274405 - 11/18/13 07:17 PM

As I reflect over the events of the past year since I was diagnosed I am moved to gratitude for the wealth of information, advice, and support I have come to know through this board.
Thank you. I am comforted to know this resource is always here, whenever I have questions, problems, or just need support. Love and peace.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
Re: One year post diagnosis new
      #274414 - 11/20/13 08:55 AM

Soon you'll be the one sharing and giving support to others . It's all a part of the stages. Then you'll even forget that you have Hiv , only at med time.You may actually see some of the blessing that can come from it all.

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

iam1
Fanatic

Reged: 06/17/09
Loc: Georgia
      #274417 - 11/20/13 03:42 PM

CONGRATS!!! You're on your way to becoming one of the next generation of long-term survivors! Wish there was a simple way out of this and to keep living, but that doesn't appear to be on the radar at this time. However, most research into finding either an inoculation to prevent new infection our a cure to solve current infections are resulting in new knowledge about HIV.

I'm afraid I have to disagree slightly with Riverprincess. Yes, you hopefully will get your HIV life down to the point where the only time you have to think about it is when you have to take your meds. Luckily, there are options that allow us to do that once a day. My one-time-a-day has ended up being at 6:00am. I used to come home from work early in the morning. Then I was getting up to go to work early in the morning. Now I just wake up, crawl out of bed, take my meds, and beat a hasty retreat back to bed for a couple of hours. There's no thought involved. And, because I understand the necessity for constant compliance I never miss a dose.

I've been on Atripla since it first came out in 2006. My lab results continue to be excellent! I celebrate my 50th birthday next year and am already making plans for 60!

Don't know if you've started with the meds, but when you do be sure to seek knowledge here from both the experts and those of us who have practical experience.

Live long and prosper!

anotherday

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
      #274419 - 11/22/13 07:44 PM

A definite milestone, one to look back on in 20 years and remember that first big year. Every little bit helps in the first year, I know I have been enjoying every time sign on to this site. I look forward to the stories, the journey that all of us share.

For some it is good when HIV comes to live with us, I know I am thankful (yea some would say "are you nuts") but really if accepted properly and understand it, it can really be a thing of great change.

Congratulations lilfshrmn, I'm just jealous you got to your one year before I could get to mine! Celebration coming in 3 months!!!! ;p

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

riverprincessModerator

#274422 - 11/23/13 10:58 AM

Iam1, I'm just curious as to what you slightly disagree with . Everyone , of course, is entitled to their thoughts and such , and I respect that. I'm just curious as to what part of forgetting one is Hiv that you slightly disagree. Always looking for others perspectives .

--------------------

iam1
Fanatic

Reged: 06/17/09
Loc: Georgia
      #274424 - 11/27/13 02:20 AM

I apologize. I apparently misread what you first posted. It can be almost entirely possible to forget one has HIV except for when it's time to take the meds. Personally, I don't think about it, because I attempt to fill my life with other activities. Like answering questions incorrectly. And, watching Spongebob!

Again, I'm sorry Riverprincess!

riverprincessModerator

#274425 - 11/28/13 07:44 PM

Sweetie not to worry. I get things ass backwards alot. I've even gone to work and found my pants pockets in the back instead of in the front!

--------------------

anotherday

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
      #274428 - 11/28/13 08:25 PM

Oh River, I would take the pockets in the back over what happened to me with pants. In the rush of the morning and laundry the night before, I grabbed my wife's jeans out of the dryer and wore those to work.

Did not realise until I was roaming around the warehouse wondering why my pants were so short. She's 5'3 I'm 6'1, I had to wear man-capri's for the entire day!!!

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

riverprincessModerator

#274429 - 11/30/13 10:09 AM

Guess they still had a zipper in the front !

--------------------

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1698

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3