Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Trav

Reged: 07/24/12
Loc: CA, USA
Roommates
      #272626 - 06/19/13 04:50 PM

This is for anyone who has a roommate. Did you tell your roommate your status or not? when responding please provide your reason if did or did not disclose your status.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
Re: Roommates new
      #272635 - 06/19/13 10:46 PM

Are you planning on having sex or share needles together? No? Then why tell . Your just wanting to tell someone that your pos. It's not for the sake of the room mate as much as it is for yourself.

anotherday

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
      #272639 - 06/20/13 11:12 AM

I'm not sure if your request is just a general survey or if you are seeking advice to whether or not tell your roommate. If you feel more comfortable with disclosing to someone sharing your home then go ahead, find out their views and opinions on the topic first, but if it makes you feel more comfortable, go for it. Otherwise it is not necessary unless your planning a sexual or needle sharing relationship with them.
I don't have a roommate so I can only answer this survey on the basis of "if I did", no, a roommate is kinda like a business partner, sharing the expenses of a house or apartment, if my situation effects them then okay, otherwise no. I would be more ready to tell them I make my living and pay my rent from being a prostitute and that stange people will be coming to stay over occassionally ... something like that they may want to know, being HIV, not necessary!

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

Trav

#272648 - 06/20/13 07:08 PM

It was just a general question. I currently live alone. I'm not looking to just tell for my sake. I'm sure some people would like to be informed just in case something may happen.

Trav

#272649 - 06/20/13 07:12 PM

I live alone. I do not have a roommate. It was a thought that crossed my mind. Depending on the person they would want to know just in case maybe something comes up.
Some people want to know the health of a person just in case if a situation arises they know how to handle it.
thank you for your response.

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #272650 - 06/20/13 08:14 PM

I see your point . Where my hubby use to work he told the people that he worked with for that reason . But he was and still is working in one of those home warehouse stores. HomeDepot. But he is the type that dosen't care who knows.

Daddy_Bearby

Reged: 07/29/09
Loc: Alabama
      #272895 - 07/03/13 01:34 PM

Well Trav I for one can't really comment about this other than my own personal experiences thus far in life so here goes .
I was not given a choice when I got my poz diagnosis because my ever loving husband was holding my hand in the hospital room when the news came down from the mountain as was my mother who refused to leave when she was asked to do so so I had no choice in the matter ( I was admitted thru the er because I had developed a bad case of pcp which I thought was a simple case of walking pneumonia ) .
Upon our 17th anniversary my husband knew of my family back ground and my love of military things had me a military style dawg tag made with the simple words of HIV POZ engraved on it so I just show people if and when they ask never having to offer an explanation should the topic arise .
Well said military dawg tag was seen (when I had a nasty fall coming from a hotel room down the steps from the second story where said room was and it had rained the night before ) and I was notified that my id Dr at the clinic I was utalizing for hiv/aids care had been notified so if the just in case scenario had to be played out upon my release from the hospital I had been admitted to since the hotel staff thought I might have had a concussion due to said fall incident .
Therefore just having some thing that could be seen as part of your jewlery might be the way to go for such a just in case case and no I don't think that if you have a roomie they need to know unless you want them to because once u inform them there is no way of controling who they tell since you admitted the fact to them unless you actualy go as far as to present them with a non disclosure agreement so it stops with them from retelling ( ok blabling to those they speak to since hiv/aids is one thing that is a NEED TO KNOW item I think ) about your poz status which in most cases people will not go as far as to do .

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1844

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3