Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
mato96

Reged: 09/10/12
Time heals
      #271917 - 05/03/13 09:08 AM

Eight months ago my world came to a stand still when I discovered I was hiv+ whilst four months pregnant. With your support thru private massages and browsing thru the forum for information I managed to accept that I cant change my status and that life does go on even thou d disease has taken almost everything from me, including my partner who dumped me after finding out that he is hiv- and that he culd not accept my status. I'm grateful that my baby boy is healthy and hiv-.

Although I have lost a lot of weight after giving birth my CD4 is over a 1000 and my viral load is low, for now I am not on medication.

Atleast now I dont flinch at the mention of the word "HIV"or AIDS. But somedays it does become difficult....it only gets better with time...

Thank you very much for your support...it gives hope to know that I'm not alone...

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
notinterested
All Star

Reged: 09/07/11
Re: Time heals new
      #271923 - 05/03/13 03:38 PM

I'm happy and very glad your boy is ok. I am sure he is a very big blessing. Take care, be happy and always keep you chin up. I wish you many, many more blessings to come. Peace and Love to you

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #271931 - 05/05/13 09:23 AM

Each day you have many things to count your blessings and thank God for. And even the fact that your boyfriend left. What would he of done if down the road you really develped a serious illness, would he again run for the hills . Your a strong woman with a wonderful child. Trust in the plan of life that God has before you . Just focus on That Man above and know that He is holding you and your baby ( boy or girl? ) in the palm of His mighty hands. You have a wonderful life ahead of you . Never lose sight of that.

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

iam1
Fanatic

Reged: 06/17/09
Loc: Georgia
      #272223 - 05/28/13 11:11 PM

Just thought I should mention to you that you should plan to see your grandchildren one day.

Being HIV+ these days is meaning less and less as for the physical aspect of the disease. With current medications (even though you aren't taking any, yet....) a person can expect to live a long and healthy life. Barring those buses falling from the sky there is no reason you shouldn't live to see your grand kids.

Stay in treatment no matter how good you feel!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1148

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3