Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
New User

Reged: 04/27/13
Hey guys :)
      #271834 - 04/27/13 08:57 PM

Hello everyone I am 21 years old medicine student I have tested positive recently! and I have never had any intercourse not protected nor un-protected. the most I have had was a long "making out" session with someone with a healing cold sore. and I contracted mononucleosis at that time. I believe this is the only risky and potential exposure I have had. but lets not go backward and lets focus on what is important and what I am inspired to do. I am a 3rd year medicine student, studying somewhere in eastern europe. since I ever tested positive for EBV and I am passionate for infectious diseases and all that relates to this clinical field and now that I have tested positive for HIV I am really into practicing HIV/AIDS medicine. I have made my researches and I believe I can practice medicine in the USA lawfully being HIV+ , since that was my dream from the beginning. my fears now are that I would be expelled or deported from my university and the country I am studying in. and I am already seeking for options. and what I am trying to know is if there is ANY scholarships granted for HIV + international med student in the USA. or any sponsorship for medical aspirant and a student with a well-targeted goal and a motivated horizons.
Or scholarships and grants for HIV/AIDS medicine residency/specialty programs.
Like this is all I want, I want to be able to help people that go through what I am going through! and I need my opportunity to prove that, to prove it somewhere where I can be defined and heard. not in my home country where I can be harmed or even discriminated against for being gay or with HIV!
so I would love it if someone could help me with this!
Thank you very much
best regards!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
Re: Hey guys :) new
      #271846 - 04/28/13 04:01 PM

I don't believe there are scolorships for people with Hiv , but there are some avenues for disabilities , but they may be limited. But there are other obtainable grants . But it's not something , especially for med school , that you would be able to obtain free. Here students take out student loans and make a payment schedule for paying back.And yes that can be many many years to pay off a very big debt. If it is something you truly want to persue than don't box yourself in by looking for free schooling.

Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

New User

Reged: 10/11/12
Re: Hey guys :) new
      #271905 - 05/02/13 07:34 PM

Mmmmm I don't know if you just went free schooling or what HIV is not a tool for free stuff .

O and good luck to you

Pages: 1

What's New at

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, gigi, riverprincess 

You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1146

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3