HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
trulife
Fanatic

Reged: 12/01/10
Loc: South
Life with HIV over 3 years later
      #271203 - 03/17/13 08:35 PM

Hello everyone. It has been a very long time since I have posted anything here. My life with HIV continues over three years later. Atripla has worked well for me and I remain undetectable and very healthy. I am so glad that I found this site in the early stages. I was fortunate to find some good people on here who were diagnosed around the same time and we helped each other through our first year. Life has continued and I will say that it has it's challenges as a positive man. I have lost a few friends who I disclosed to, but I strongly believe that I am better off without them. I have been single as well due to the challenges of dating and being positive. Even though it is 2013, people still have fear and prefer not to deal with a positive partner. I choose to disclose very early on so as to avoid wasting my time with someone who doesn't want to deal. Basically I wish them well and move on. While I do miss having that special someone in my life, I love myself enough to know that I deserve real love. To everyone out here on this journey, I can tell you that things do get better with time and you definitely learn how live even with HIV. So I say LIVE and LOVE and never give up hope. Peace and Blessings to all.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
Re: Life with HIV over 3 years later new
      #271342 - 03/24/13 10:57 AM

So glad your doing well my friend. This has been self reflecting time for you and that will continue even after you find a partner again. And you will find that special person . Cause their looking for the same as you. You just haven't bumped into each other yet.

MARYJB67

Reged: 12/10/12
      #271418 - 03/30/13 11:27 AM

Hey trulife, my name is MARYJB67 aka Taya Clark i`ve a three yrs living with HIV come in June the twenty-third and i can related to what you are going through with because i`am still trying to tell whether the people that want to be my real true friend or whether they feel sorry for me and just pretend to be my friend so i just let them do what they want to do because I`ve learned during these almost three yrs begin HIV+ that i know that i`ve lost alot of friends through this process but i learn to live with disappointments and heartache because i look at it this way if a person wants to really wants to be your friend they would show it or tell you.
but since i`ve been HIV+ I `ve a few church members and my lovely Pastor that they show they love toward me and i also have a few usher`s that i usher with in my church that are
true friends to me so don`t lose hope you will know if they are
are your true friends soon then you think.

iam1
Fanatic

Reged: 06/17/09
Loc: Georgia
      #271497 - 04/03/13 10:10 AM

What struck me most about your post was "My life with HIV continues over three years later." I laughed to myself when I read that. When You first tested HIV+ you probably thought to yourself that your life was over. That you should be picking out the color flowers for your funeral.

Give yourself some time. Wait until you're saying the same thing at 10 years; at 15 years; at 30 years.

For those of us who have been living with this disease for decades we have learned that the thing is to LIVE! Not merely exist. You get out of life what you put into it. The more enthusiasm you put forth into your life the better your life will be. I don't think you're there, yet, but you certainly could be headed this way.

Get out and contribute to society. It can be in any way with any group. Maybe you can help at your local library. Maybe a local food bank/soup kitchen. Maybe with a local support group. It doesn't have to be HIV related (although they can usually use help, too!) You had activities besides HIV in your life before. You should have activities besides HIV in your life now and in the future.

This is the big sticking point for people who have recently (within 5 years) found out they are HIV+. HIV is NOT an end. It is a middle step in life. For some it's a bigger step than others. But, life goes on and so should you.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You found out you're HIV+. You got help. You're help is working, and you're doing well. I wish everyone was the same. You're doing things correctly. Continue on the same vein in life and it should be a long and if not happy at least not sad life.

trulife
Fanatic

#271500 - 04/03/13 06:59 PM

Thank you for your posting. I will continue to live my life as best as I can and keep my heart open. I pray that we all will experience true life and true love with or without HIV.

trulife
Fanatic

#271516 - 04/04/13 06:31 PM

Thanks for you reply. I hope you are doing well and I know that you will find some good people who will always be on your side. Hope to hear back from you. Live life and be strong and happy.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1930

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3