HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
bartlebyAdministrator
Admin

Reged: 01/19/10
re: aids denialism - livinghappy
      #271031 - 03/08/13 02:17 PM

hey livinghappy,

i'm sad to see that you have drank the aids denialism kool aid. i fear you have been misled by this documentary, which by the way is just one documentary and not actual research, as you seem to be implying.

i would have preferred not to delete your posts, but i don't want others who are just testing positive and may be vulnerable to buy into denialism. that would be harmful for their health if they decide not to get into care. also, we have pretty clear rules, which hopefully you noticed when you signed up.

"Besides the standard bulletin board rules (please don't flame, personally insult, spam, troll or otherwise malign these boards or their users), one other point is important to note: These boards are for talking about life with (or concerns about) HIV and AIDS, not for a discussion about whether either actually exists."

so that's why your posts were deleted, if you're wondering.

however, just to set the record straight for you, AIDS denialism is old news. Those arguments have been debunked and proven wrong for a long time now. HIV does cause AIDS. we understand how the virus works very well actually, from infection to integration to replication. that's why the antiretrovirals today work so well, because they inhibit different parts of HIV's process. the only reason why there's no cure currently (which many researchers are working hard to find) is because we don't know how to eradicate the HIV latent reservoirs.

and yes we have isolated the virus and can seen it under a microscope. you can even watch very clearly in real time how the virus takes over a CD4 cell.

yes, pharmaceutical companies make money on the drugs. but they are investigating better treatment, with fewer side effects and less frequent doses. they are also investigating cure and vaccine strategies. if you really believe they're just greedy drug pushers, do you realize they would make even more money if they found a cure or vaccine?

also, you think that all HIV doctors are puppets for big pharma, meaning they're drug pushers as well. but you're assuming that all HIV doctors are negative. do you know that some of these docs are HIV positive themselves and take the same antiretrovirals as their patients? they're not just acting in part of some cover-up.

so please don't call others ignorant just because they don't agree with you. or that they only have opinions while you have facts. forgive me for being blunt, but that's childish. in actuality, you watched one documentary and read some conspiracy theory websites. that's not research and doesn't make you an expert. there are many mountains of peer-reviewed studies on HIV that you conveniently dismiss and ignore, compared to one documentary you saw online.

but ultimately, you can believe whatever you want. this just isn't the place to debate HIV's existence. however, i do hope you change your mind. while skepticism is healthy, it can also be dangerous. i only wish you would take that skepticism you have for HIV and apply it to the documentary itself. i know it would be easier for you to believe that HIV is harmless, and that you can ignore it, but you need to take it seriously. HIV may not make you sick right away, but if left unchecked it will eventually break down your immune system.

--------------------
Bartleby at The Body
Bulletin Board Administrator

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
Re: re: aids denialism - livinghappy new
      #271032 - 03/08/13 02:27 PM

Thank you very much for handling this person and his twist . IThere is enough turmoil for all of us , we definitly don't need this kind of stuff. Again thank you very much.

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

notinterested
All Star

Reged: 09/07/11
Re: re: aids denialism - livinghappy new
      #271034 - 03/08/13 04:45 PM

Very well said and so glad you addressed this promptly. Thank you/

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1283

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3