Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
notinterested
Regular

Reged: 09/07/11
Favorite Music
      #270476 - 02/02/13 03:19 PM

This may be an unusal post was just curious about something. Does anyone have specific music they listen to on their way to their appointment. I maybe a drama queen but even after a few years it's still a little emotional and stressful to go to my appointments so I have a playlist set up that I listen to on the way to the appointment. It's a little sad but also uplifiting also spiritual. I think it calms me down in addition to I have to take anti anxiety medicine so by the time I arrive I am mellow, mellow, mellow. Just curious if anyone else has a routine they go through before appointments.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kicker
Veteran

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
Re: Favorite Music new
      #270478 - 02/02/13 05:27 PM

I don't have any particular songs I listen to on my way, but I do have a ritual when I go to any appt. I normally have morning appts so I wake up eat and relax infront of the news for an hour. Then brush my teeth. Pick out what I'm wearing that day, hop in the shower and shave. Get dressed watch TV for another 15-20 minutes and leave so I can be there 15 minutes early. Then I sit in the car pop my anxiety meds then walk in with 5 minutes to spare. Then play on my phone till I'm called back (usually within 10 minutes of signing in) and have my appt. which normally takes no more than 15-20 minutes.

The entire process is meant to keep me distracted so I am only worried if I'm late or right on time. I don't even think about the appt till I actually see the dr. Then afterwards I normally have something planned to reward myself for doing it. (Getting to the appt). Even if its not so great still reward myself. So that I associate these appts with something good.

Usually it's stupid little things that I don't do often but enjoy it. Like buy myself a new paint brush or art supplies, get a blueberry muffin, or even have a dark chocolate mounds bar. (Love them just not big on sweets)

Start associating it with something positive and it won't be so bad is my point.

notinterested
Regular

Reged: 09/07/11
Re: Favorite Music new
      #270481 - 02/02/13 10:27 PM

That's awesome. I like those ideas. In the beginning, I did something similar. I would always plan a fun road trip afterwards. I think I even once drove to Vegas with a friend right afterwards. I do incorporate a fun day out of it. I take the entire day off of work, and I use a sick day, not a vacation day. Even though the one hour sucks, I do something fun afterwards. The music I set up for my playlist though really helps.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1074

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3