Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Sunshine87
New User

Reged: 09/29/12
WHAT CAN I DO ?
      #267444 - 09/29/12 07:55 AM

Hi call me Sunshine I have a Brother who is also my best-friend HE is HIV positive! He is my everything and my love for him gets stronger and stroger everyday! he just told me that he was HIV positive and that day i changed my heart and eyes has opened up and in a way he made me SEE ! see things for what they really are. I come to theboby.com seaking HELP and Advice and to LEARN ! My brother is a single man no children and is now on government assit. (SSI) he is 26 years old. He has not be on any meds, he advised me that he has had HIV for about 6 years and has never told anyone by his late godmother who has since pasted away. He was placed in ICU and discovered he had and infection in his lungs/ he made a full recovery. However he has lost about 30 IBS in a 6mon period he is not eating or holding the food down (some food stays down) he just feels weak and spends most of the day sleap. he is coughing up clear fluid and hiccups none stop though out the night. WE go see the doctor on the 17th but they always ask me to leave out the room (the dr. do ) but he never asks questions. He still has his up beat spirt and still in his right mind. IS THIS SOMETHING THAT IS NORMAL and WHAT CAN I DO ?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
notinterested
Regular

Reged: 09/07/11
Re: WHAT CAN I DO ? new
      #267453 - 09/29/12 05:20 PM

Hi Sunshine, I'm very sorry about your brother and I don't have as much experience on here as some of the others so I can't say anything based on what you said but I can say your brother has a wonderful sibling such as yourself. I wish I had a sister or brother as thoughtful as yourself. I would say just be sure he has a good infectious disease doctor who specializes in HIV and just make sure he follows all of the doctors advice. I hope he feels much better very soon. Peace and Love to you and your family.

riverprincessModerator
Veteran

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #267479 - 09/30/12 11:55 AM

Next time doctor asks you to leave the room , tell him no. And your brother needs to say that he wants in in there with him. They ae just trying o inforce the HIPPA law . It's a privacy thing. But if bro wants you with him then do so. And if dr doesn't like it , well too bad for him. Your family .

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

alive2
Regular

Reged: 03/08/07
      #267499 - 10/01/12 04:10 AM

you can stay in the room, given thats your brothers wishes. have as many questions you can think of that may be relevent to his treatment. sounds like he needs to be on medication, and if you dont know what is happening to him make the doctor listen to your concerns as well, afterall you are there to help your brother. not being able to take in and hold food down isnt good , even healthy people need sustanence, and to not be able to have anything stay in your body is hard on your immune system because there is no fuel to kick it into gear. when it comes to health, there are no dumb questions. you keep on going to the doctors to ensure hes doing the right thing to, so your a big plus for him.good luck take care

DJones

Reged: 04/02/09
Loc: Milwaukee Wisconsin
      #267600 - 10/04/12 03:01 PM

My partner is the same with his heart condition. I ask every question I can about my HIV when i see my doctor. My suggestion would be to sit down with your brother the night before his doctor appointment and help him make a list of questions for the doctor. Since you can not be in the room have him write down the answers when he asks the doctor. That way all you questions will be answered and you wont go home wish you asked this question of that. I started a blog the day I found out I had AIDS 3 1/2 yrs ago. The link is below. Good luck.

--------------------
http://daveslifelivingwithhiv.blogspot.com/

denise03
New User

Reged: 03/09/12
Loc: Texas
      #268946 - 11/12/12 03:47 PM

Give him all the love you can. Support him and encourage him as well as yourself. Life is so precious. It's the little things that makes a big differences. Stay positive and live every day as it's your best! Be blessed!

pinkbutterfly25
New User

Reged: 11/24/12
Loc: miami,fl
      #269222 - 11/24/12 08:14 PM

I can relate to him because that's exactly How I found out that I was HIV positive.. I had a breathing attack... like a heart Attack I couldn't breath it took me almost a month to recuperate just got out of the hospital on Monday the 18th ii was told by the doctors if i star my meds i would live a long healthy the support of my family been very important but at the same time hard on them so if he tells you not to help him is when he needs you the most help it get the meds there a lot of places where you can get them for free hope i help is someway his not the only one there is a lot of us outhere

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2250

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3