Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

How long should an AIDS infected person wait.....
      #161388 - 10/08/05 10:44 AM

I was hoping someone could share with me the appropriate amount of time a person that is AIDS infected should wait before resuming contact with someone who has recieved live vaccinations. I want to make sure my father-in-law stays healthy as long as possible and that I'm not putting him at risk by having my recently vaccinated children around him. Thanks for your help!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
shadow1
Legend

Reged: 12/06/00
Re: How long should an AIDS infected person wait..... new
      #161394 - 10/08/05 11:21 AM

It has never bothered me to be around any of my family even after the kids have been vaccinated or anytime they have had a cold or the flue. Do not treat a infected family member any different than you would treat a non infected one because being one I notice and I will bet your father-in-law will too.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#161412 - 10/08/05 07:48 PM

Actually, the reason I asked was because my father-in-law seemed somewhat concerned about it. I would have never thought of it had he not brought it up. I'm just trying to be respectful of his concerns, but I appreciate the feedback.

debtex
Legend

Reged: 03/21/05
      #161459 - 10/09/05 08:31 PM

I know when my son was younger and I told her about my being poz, but it was after my son was born. The reason they suggested "no live virus vaccines" (which was even still so slim for me at the time). but its only an issue when you possibly come into contact with their fecus. (I know, sounds fun huh!!).

but because it is live, it comes out in the fecus. Being a mom with a "newly" potty trained child, this was possible. I dont think your father in law would be at any risk with this issue.

(and even then, because my 2nd son who is 13 months has had live virus vaccines), because they are easier on the children, and really quite minimal risk risk.

please be assure that live virus vaccines are not a risk for him. most of us have been vaccinated for these samy virus vaccines anyway. (but it may depend on which vaccines your father in law has NOT had).

take care,
debbie

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4519

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3