Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

The virus is ripping through me
      #44532 - 11/22/02 01:02 AM

My skin is burning through out my hole body. The virus really attacks when you go to sleep. I recieved oral sex from a women and i am convinced that i have been infected. I ordered a home test kit for me to get tested. I went to the emergency room yesterday because of high blood pressure and they drew blood which the doctor said he saw nothing wrong. Could he dectect the virus this way. They said no infection visible. Does this include hiv or just other infections.Please respond.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
juliekay
Unregistered

Re: The virus is ripping through me new
      #44541 - 11/22/02 03:15 AM

Are you sure this has anything to do with aids?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#44547 - 11/22/02 06:29 AM

no im not sure but cant explaine why i have been so sick for so long.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#44549 - 11/22/02 07:07 AM

In over 20 years there has never been a case of transmission from recieving oral sex. Skin burning isn't a sign of HIV. It can be a sign of someone whose mind is in hyper drive about it. Look how you sent your blood pressure up being worried over this.

No they didn't run an antibody test on you. In order to do an antibody test a person has to sign a permission form specific for that test. Get a test so you can put this behind you. It will prove to you that you didn't get infected from receiving oral sex.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#44550 - 11/22/02 07:18 AM

juliekay

'Are you sure this has anything to do with aids?'

NO one on this board should even be thinking about AIDS. They are just concerned if they are infected with HIV. AIDS is a term used for people that have had HIV for years and the virus has caused a great deal of damage to the immune system.

A person isn't diagnosised with AIDS until they have an AIDS defining illness and/or their cd4 count goes under 200. AIDS is the term used for those conditions.

HIV is the virus that leads to those conditions. I know the media improperly interchange these terms. Ex. Recently many reported about the new "AIDS" test. That was incorrect. There is no test for AIDS. There are tests for HIV. The terms HIV and AIDS are not interchangable. That's why more doctors are using the term Advance HIV Disease instead of AIDS.

gregg629
Guardian

Reged: 04/16/01
Loc: Boston
      #44564 - 11/22/02 12:06 PM

Are you the same person who posted "I need help" back on the 18th? If so I'm the one who posted the major slap upside the head (which you thanked me for).

First off, I have been positive for over 4 years burning skin is more a sign of major stress then it is of HIV. The Virus has no care of your awake or asleep it attacks virgin T-cells regardless of what you are doing.

You say you are convinced that you have been infected, however you don't even know if the woman who performed oral sex on you was positive or not.

You have an obsession with HIV it's no different then the guy on here who was convinced of infection from the lap dance he received (while clothed) or from the guy who was convinced of infected after shaving his pubes before a date then having protected sex, or the woman who was convinced of infection from sitting on a toilet seat then discovering a drop of blood on it, or the guy who was convinced of infection from having his ass fingered by a guy who had just jerked off and cum on his hands (even tho the guy had washed his hands before fingering him).

In each of these cases and usually after counseling the people who were so convinced usually come back and thank those of us who try to provide a voice of reason, letting us know that they finally worked through their obsession and finally believe their tests. I strongly think you should try to find a counselor to talk to. Someone who can try to help you figure out why you have this obsession, and help you deal with the symptoms that you are having. Definitely get the HIV test, but when you do believe the results.

Don't do what others have done on here which is test constantly for a year or more, doubting the tests, thinking that not only are they the first person to ever be infected a specific way, but they have a type of HIV that can't be detected with current tests. There was one guy on here what wanted his doctor to check his blood with an electron microscope and try to see the Virus in his blood which he felt burning inside of him, but no test could find.

Let us know how things go, but try to put some reason into your thinking and try to see that your obsession with this is not healthy and is causing you more problems then HIV has caused most of us who are actually infected.

Gregg

Kim
Unregistered

#44595 - 11/22/02 03:37 PM

There is almost ZERO risk through oral especially female serving male. HIV is not found in saliva. You have yourself worried sick and paranoid over a virus you probably do not have. If you have taken an antibody test 60 or more days out then its at least 95% accuate. Stop freaking out over HIV and concentrate on something else. You said you had an HIV test what were the results? negative I presume.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#44607 - 11/22/02 04:18 PM

You would be the FIRST person to every get AIDS from oral sex. Sounds like a bad case of guilt to me.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#44655 - 11/22/02 07:53 PM

I just want to say thanks to all of you for responding. I came to this conculusion so far. The stomach flu torn my ulcer all to hell and when the acid hits the sore my face gets beat red, also my arms and chest start to burn. Im glad that this is not a sympton. My doctor gave me some advance acid medication and im already feeling alittle better. I havnt slept correctly for the past four nights and hoping to get some good sleep tonight. I know im a knuckle head but i just cant get it out of my mind. I ordered a test kit and will be testing myself soon. I will let you all know the results. Oral sex is what i recieved and nothing elses. Thats the truth. If she had bleeding gums and scratch me with her teeth and she is positive then why not have the chance of being infected. She was a stranger to me and it was a fling. Thanks again.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#44735 - 11/23/02 08:10 AM

If she had bleeding gums and scratch me with her teeth and she is positive then why not have the chance of being infected.

Why not? Because it hasn't happen in over 20 years.

I'm sure that in that time, there have been people with bleeding gums, scratching with teeth and positive, but their partners didn't get infected.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#44736 - 11/23/02 08:33 AM

So it did happen over twenty years ago. Then why does cdc say there are no documented cases. Close to zero doesnt mean its not possible. People say lightning doesnt strike twice but it does. It hits the empire state building all the time. Your right about other problems physical problem could happen from being obsessed. The right eye has blown a gasket and now i have a black eye.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3223

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3